With the 1.1.1 patch, Nintendo fixed a major duplication exploit in Animal Crossing: New Horizons that allowed players to dupe a single item for infinite bells. The older version of the dupe glitch used a Nintendo Switch prop and a collision bug to create infinite copies of that prop that could be sold. It appears that there’s now a similar bug once again in Animal Crossing: New Horizons 1.2.0a. Having a new ACNH duplication glitch is a great way to make Bells, so let’s get started.
Getting to duplicate items in Animal Crossing: New Horizons is a great source of Bells, and you’re going to need a lot of them. Tom Nook and the other island denizens have plenty of stuff to sell you, so you may want to use this new duplication glitch to make as many Bells as you can. This new glitch is more tedious to perform than the first one, but still doable. There are a few caveats with this ACNH duplication glitch first:
- The item you’re duplicating has to be 2 blocks wide by 1 block long. It has to be an item you can put on a table, No wall-mounted items will work
- Craft two items, any 2×2 square table, and a 2×1 long table.
In the example shown the Laboratory Set is the item being duplicated. The Painting Set or Fortune-Telling Set are also good choices as they are very common. Check the image below for an example. Check out our list of the most valuable 2×1 items in ACNH for what to duplicate with this explot.
Here’s how to do the new ACNH duplication glitch in detail:
- Place the 2×2 table in your room, with the longer 2×1 table parallel beside it.
- Put the item you want to duplicate on top of the 2×1 table. Then, press Down on the D-pad to enter Edit Mode, and grab the longer table.
- Place the long table down inside the first table, it should reorient 90 degrees and spawn beside the first table.
- Repeat this pick up and drop routine on all four sides of the 2×2 table, so that the 2×1 table drops onto all four corners of the first table.
- Leave and enter the room again.
- Copies of the item should be spawned on both tables. You should be able to spawn up to four copies of the item doing things this way.
If you’re a more visual learner, here’s a video guide for this new Animal Crossing: New Horizons dupe glitch: