Crystal Trees in Fortnite are a new menace that we need to take out. These strange growths are spreading out from the Zero Point, and need to be contained. The map challenges this week involve advancing the Zero Point plotlines from Season 5, so that’s what we’re doing.
You can find the Crystal Trees in Fornite in four locations. Each of these is in a direct cardinal direction from the Zero Point. Dropping on the Zero Point and heading right in one way is the quickest way to take them down. Here are the locations:
- Salty Tower
- Risky Reels
- Along the bend in the dried-up river to the south.
- In the abandoned hangar to the southwest.
Head to any of these four locations on the map and smack a tree with three hits from a harvesting tool. That should break it and complete the challenge. You need to do this five times to complete it—so you might need to do this across more than one match—depending on how lucky you are.
If another player gets to the group in a direction first, it’s likely that the other players will have beaten you to the other clusters before you get there. So just try your luck and keep at it. Eventually, you will get the challenge done. Do that, and you get 20,000 XP for your Battle Pass ranks.
You can find the rest of the Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 Week 13 challenges below:
- Scan a server at a Surface Hub (0/1) – 20,000 XP
- Throw fruit at Hunter’s Haven (0/3) – 20,000 XP
- Damage opponents at Hunter’s Haven, The Orchard, Retail Row (0/300) – 20,000 XP
- Pistol Damage (0/300) – 20,000 XP
- Bathe in the Purple Pool at Steamy Stacks (0/1) – 20,000 XP
- Enter the Zero Point (0/1) – 20,000 XP
- Destroy Crystal Trees (0/5) – 20,000 XP
- Build Structures (60, 120, 180, 240, 300) – 55,000 to 22,000 XP