Guild Wars 2 Wintersday 2021 has been rolled out via a patch to the live servers. ArenaNet loves its seasonal events in Guild Wars 2. The most recent run of events in the game was the Shadow of the Mad King, and it went great. With all the new and old players alike enjoying the sweet and spooky fun. Now, ArenaNet wants to round the year out with a festive bang. Guild Wars 2 Wintersday 2021 is on, and ongoing, until January 4. The events are varied this year, and there are many rewards that can be earned.
The core of the meta-achievements during this event is built around Winter’s Presence in Guild Wars 2. This is a Festival Collections achievement unlocked by purchasing a Blueprint for Winter’s Presence. To get that, you need to complete various smaller tasks. The idea is to complete each festive event during Wintersday 2021 to earn the various parts, then to get the final achievement and trophy.
How to craft Winter’s Presence in Guild Wars 2
First thing’s first, you need a few pieces. There are three Mystic Forge recipes you need to make first. You will need either a leveled-up crafter alt, or the support of a crafting player to feed you materials.
Essence of Mischief
This trophy can be crafted in the Mystic Forge and requires the following materials to craft:
- 125 Snowflakes – Purchasable from the Trading Post, Wintersday events also grant these.
- 50 Mystic Coins – collected from the daily logins, or purchasable from the Trading Post.
- 50 Superior Sigils of Mischief – Purchasable from the Trading Post, or through opening Wintersday Gifts. Certain crafting classes, namely level 400 Artificers, Huntsman and Weaponsmiths can make these.
- 50 Sealed Packages of Snowballs – Purchasable from Charity Corps Seraph [Wintersday Skins] for 10 snowflakes and 7000 karma.
Essence of Snowfall
- 125 Snowflakes
- 50 Mystic Coins
- 50 Superior Rune of Snowfall – Level 400 Armorsmith, Tailor or Leatherworker skills are required for this. It uses 8x Pile of Lucent Dust, 5x Sealed Package of Snowballs, 2x Charm of Brilliance and 5x Glob of Ectoplasm. You can also buy it from the trading post.
- 50 Choir Bell – Trade the various Ugly items you get from Wintersday Gifts in to Seraph Soldiers or Festive Lionguards, in the Crown Pavillion or Trader’s Forum respectively, to earn Choir Bells.
Magnanimous Obsidian Crystal
This trophy is also craftable only at the Mystic Forge and requires the following materials:
- 125 Snowflakes
- 50 Mystic Coins
- 50 Obsidian Shards – These can be obtained from an Ore Synthesiser in the Guild Ore Synthesizer, or they can be purchased in exchange for Volatile Magic from various vendors. Buried Locked Chests found in Dry Top in the Maguuma Wastes will always have some as well.
- 1 Magnanimous Choir Bell – obtainable from the Charity Corps Seraph [Wintersday Skins] in Divinity’s Reach for 50 Snowflakes and 17,500 karma.
Winter Music Score
A consumable item that can only be obtained by completing songs in the Bell Choir Wintersday event three times or more.
A consumable item obtained by winning at least three rounds of Snowball Mayhem.
You must get through 30 rounds of the Toypocalypse mini-game during Wintersday to get this item. Consuming it will grant 10,000 Karma.
Complete the Winter Wonderland jumping puzzle 3 times during Wintersday.
This item is gained from a certain world boss. You need to defeat the Champion mob, Claws of Jormag in the level 80 zone, Frostgorge Sound. This must be done three times to earn Icy Aura. Consuming it will grant 10,000 Karma.
Masterful Toast is a collection item earned by consuming 10,000 Wintersday drinks obtained from Wintersday gifts, over the course of the event. You will also get a special player title for doing this. Consuming it will grant 10,000 Karma.