Paradox has now set a date for the Hearts of Iron IV: Waking the Tiger expansion. We also get a feature overview trailer that discusses the various new additions to Hearts of Iron IV in this DLC.
This latest content will release on 8 March and comes with new focus trees, a revised battle system to shake up historical paths for axis powers, and more. A new Events and Decisions window will allow players to better track and control the goings-on within their country. Other content to watch out for in this update includes:
- Chinese National Focuses: Divided and under threat, China has great reserves of manpower and diplomatic flexibility.
- Chain of Command: Unite your armies under a field marshal who can take advantage of the many skills of the generals under his direction.
- Decisions and Missions: Historical decisions and national missions give you new places to spend Political Power, as you deal with domestic politics or start special projects.
- General Traits and Abilities: Generals’ traits can now unlock powerful Command Power abilities, allowing great flexibility and creativity.
- Updated Axis Focus Trees: Alternate historical paths for the German Reich and Imperial Japan, including parliamentary rule in Japan and the return of the Kaiser to Germany.
- Acclimatization: Over time, troops will learn how to survive in the desert or harsh winters, giving these veterans an edge on the battlefield.
- And More: Capturing battlefield equipment, and a revitalized air war system that has room for Volunteer air wings.