The newest Guild Wars 2 patch is here. The new patch deals with the Dragon Bash, a recurring event for the MMO. It’s a much lighter patch this time around, but there are still some juicy bits on these bones, let’s dive in. Here are the full Dragon Bash Festival Patch Notes.
The big news is that Hoelbrak plays host to the Dragon Bash in-game event. Players can run around and do various side activities for cool rewards. Racing, combat and more will be featured. Dragon Bash comes around once a year, and changes a bit each year. There are new racing events and betting on those races to take part in. Gamers also get the chance to help clear enemies from the countryside for items. Players can also earn achievements and stuff this year.
Players will also notice that, no surprise, the Dragon Bash Festival Patch Notes contain elements of the Festive to be fixed. Daily limits on zhaitaffy from smashing dragon piñatas in Hoelbrak have been relaxed, allowing players a bit more fun for less work. Hologram Stampede is also better tuned to handle large groups.
Next, several small bug fixes have been added for various classes. Most of these are specific visual fixes applied to Necromancer and Ranger.
Gem store also got more attention this week with a new batch of discounts and deals. The chest also got updates, with new items. For example, the exclusive Wandering Cloud Chair and Glider Combo, Golden Talon Longbow, Dreamwalker Wings Backpack and Glider Combo, Mini Exo-Suit Mounts Pack, and Hydra Staff are currently available.
Check out the full Dragon Bash Festival Patch Notes down below.
Guild Wars 2 Dragon Bash Festival Patch Notes
Dragon Bash Festival
It’s time for Dragon Bash! It wouldn’t be a proper celebration without your attendance. Join me in Hoelbrak for another moot for the ages! There will be tests of strength, racing, food, song, and—most importantly—ale.
I’ll see you there. Unless, of course, you don’t enjoy fun.
- Join the celebration in Hoelbrak! Celebrate Tyria’s resistance against the Elder Dragons while engaging in a variety of festive games:
- Dragon Arena: Show off your dragon-fighting prowess against lifelike holograms in the Dragon Arena, or tackle a more difficult gauntlet in Dragon Arena Survival.
- Hologram Stampede: The fighting continues in the Hologram Stampede, a map-wide scramble to clear the Hoelbrak countryside of deadly enemies.
- Piñata Bashing: Master the tradition of destroying dragon piñatas in the Piñata Bashing adventure.
- Dragon Bash Rally: Speed around Hoelbrak in a new mounted race, the Dragon Bash Rally.
- Moa Race: Tigg’s famous racing moas return in a Moa Race event. Put your zhaitaffy on the line and cheer on the winner!
- The festival meta-achievement, (Annual) Dragon Bash Feats, has been updated with a new reward, the Holographic Dragon Gloves. Last year’s reward, the Holographic Dragon Shoulder, can now be purchased from the Dragon Bash Merchant.
- Three new weapons are now available as rare drops from dragon coffers. They can also be purchased from Sparking Stone, a new Dragon Bash weapons vendor in Hoelbrak.
- New rewards have been added to the Dragon Bash Vendor, including two miniatures and a new ascended accessory.
- New Dragon Bash–themed guild decorations have been added.
- Adventurers who have finished The Icebrood Saga can now meet some of their allies in Hoelbrak during Dragon Bash.
- The party rages for three weeks, from June 22 until July 13 at noon Pacific Time. Get bashing!
- Daily limits on zhaitaffy from smashing dragon piñatas in Hoelbrak have been relaxed. Adventurers will now receive a small amount of zhaitaffy after breaking their first 35 piñatas in a day, tracked by a new daily achievement, Daily Bonus Rewards: Piñata Smashing.
- Updated creature scaling in the Hologram Stampede to adjust more effectively when large groups join up at a hologram generator.
- Updated textures on the projector component of the Dragon Hologram Generator guild-hall decoration to improve visibility in dimmer environments.
- Certain nonfestival ambient characters in Hoelbrak have been moved and adjusted to make their dialogue less repetitious.
- Updated Taimi and Gorrik’s scenes in the Eye of the North following the end of The Icebrood Saga to add voice acting.
- Fixed an issue that prevented torment skill facts from being completely displayed.
- Scourge: Fixed a bug that caused the user interface to display the wrong color when players dismounted.
- Fixed a bug that caused the primary pet to activate when switching maps, even if the secondary pet was previously active but was stowed or merged.
BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY GEM STORE
New Items and Promotions
- The new Pyre Horns Helm Skin is available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 500 gems.
- For a limited time, the Pyre Gloves are available on sale in the Style category of the Gem Store for 400 gems, a savings of 20%.
- For a limited time, the Pet Skyscale Whistle and Skyscale Squadron Glider are available on sale in the Style category of the Gem Store for 640 and 400 gems respectively, a savings of 20%.
- For a limited time, the Zhaitaffy Gobbler Pack is available on sale in the Upgrades category of the Gem Store for 320 gems, a savings of 20%.
- To celebrate Dragon Bash, the Dragon’s Fortune Fireworks are free for a limited time. Dragon’s Fortune Fireworks are available in the Toys category of the Gem Store, limited to one per account.
Black Lion Chest
- The Black Lion Chest has been updated to the Arcane Chest and can be previewed for a full list of its contents.
- The Gnashblade Dragon Coffer returns as the guaranteed item for the duration of the Arcane Chest.
- The new Arcane Battlestaff Skin is available as an uncommon drop for the duration of this chest.
- The Starborn Cape returns as an uncommon drop for the duration of this chest.
- The Dominator and Crimson Lion weapon collections are available for the duration of this chest.
- Unused versions of the Glyph of the Leatherworker and Glyph of the Tailor are available as rare drops for the duration of this chest.
- The items available in exchange for Black Lion Statuettes have been updated. Black Lion Statuettes are redeemable by using the statuette itself or by redeeming one at any of the Black Lion Chest Merchants located in every major city.
- The exclusive Wandering Cloud Chair and Glider Combo, Golden Talon Longbow, Dreamwalker Wings Backpack and Glider Combo, Mini Exo-Suit Mounts Pack, and Hydra Staff are currently available.
- The two bonus collections have been updated to a selection of dye kits and outfits.