As you level up and get stronger in Elden Ring, there are going to be other tasks you need to get done. As you explore the many bosses and other challenges you will encounter will be a big ask for new players. And as things get crazier and more confusing, you’re sure to have questions. Enter these guides that get your head on straight while you try to learn the game. This guide shows all the details you need to know about using and unlocking new spells in the game.
Like any RPG, there’s a bunch of weird magical nonsense in this game as well. Players have a rather surprising amount of options for spell choices as well. There are two forms of magic in Elden Ring: Sorceries and Incantations.
How to Use Spells in Elden Ring
Spells are one of two types of sorceries in Elden Ring, the other being spells. The incantations scale with the Faith stat, while spells scale with Intelligence. Putting points into the relevant stat will boost the power of both healing and offensive sorceries. As you explore around, you are sure to find more spells and incantations. Each major location in the game often has merchants within, be sure to check them to find new spells. You could also keep reading to find each of the known locations of merchants selling Incantations and Spells in Elden Ring.
You also need to worry about your relevant stat. As I said, you need to focus on Intelligence to get more spell damage, or Faith for Incantations. Your Mind stat will affect your FP, which means you will get more mana to actually cast spells with. As for item effects on your spells, you need a Sacred Seal to cast Incantations, or some kind of Staff to use Spells. Any version will work, although it may be better to use a Staff offensively as they can be upgraded.
How to Unlock More Spell Slots in Elden Ring
Spell slots in the game are how you equip new forms of magic. You need to get your hands on a certain item to unlock more slots beyond the default. Each Memory Stone can be used to gain one additional spell slot. That then allows you to equip one more magic to your character. Whenever you obtain a Memory Stone in Elden Ring, you’ll unlock one additional spell slot, up to a maximum of 10. So in short, you need to find the rather powerful Memory Stones. Memory Stones are very rare in the game world, so you’re going to be looking for a while.
You can buy one from the Twin Maiden Husks in the Roundtable Hold for 3,000 Runes. They only have one in stock it seems, so you have to hunt for the rest. Changing them out is the same for either type of magic. To change spells or incantations, you need to visit a Site of Grace and use the Memorize Spells option to change the current slots you have.
All Spell Locations in Elden Ring
- Glinstone Pebble – Sorceress Sellen at Waypoint Ruins (1000 Runes)
- Glinstone Stars – Sorceress Sellen at Waypoint Ruins (3000 Runes)
- Glinstone Arc – Sorceress Sellen at Waypoint Ruins (1500 Runes)
- Crystal Barrage – Sorceress Sellen at Waypoint Ruins (1500 Runes)
- Scholar’s Armament – Sorceress Sellen at Waypoint Ruins (3000 Runes)
- Scholar’s Shield – Sorceress Sellen at Waypoint Ruins (2500 Runes)
- Carian Greatsword – Miriel at Church of Vows (10000 Runes)
- Carian Slicer – Miriel at Church of Vows (1500 Runes)
- Glintblade Phalanx – Miriel at Church of Vows (2500 Runes)
- Great Glintstone Shard – Miriel Church of Vows (2000 Runes)
- Magic Glintblade – Miriel at Church of Vows (3000 Runes)
- Swift Glintstone Shard – Miriel at Church of Vows (600 Runes)
- Frenzied Burst – Teardrop Scrab west of Frenzied Flame Village, Lurnia of the Lakes
- Howl of Shabriri – Chest in the tower at Frenzy-Flaming Tower, Liurnia of the Lakes
- Shatter Earth – Corpse in the tunnel at Raya Lucaria Crystal Tunnel, Liurnia of the Lakes
- Greatblade Pahalanx – Bols, Carian Knight at Cuckoo’s Evergaol, Liurnia of the Lakes
- Spinning Weapon – Sorcerer Rogier at Rampart Tower, Limgrave
- Ambush Shard – Corpse at Witchbane Ruins, Weeping Peninsula
All Incantations Locations in Elden Ring
- Dragonclaw – Dragon Altar at Limgrave (1 Dragon Heart)
- Dragonfire – Dragon Altar at Limgrave (1 Dragon Heart)
- Dragonmaw – Dragon Altar at Limgrave (1 Dragon Heart)
- Catch Flame – Brother Corhyn at Roundtable Hold (600 Runes)
- Cure Poison – Brother Corhyn at Roundtable Hold (1000 Runes)
- Flame Fortification – Brother Corhyn at Roundtable Hold (3000 Runes)
- Flame Sling – Brother Corhyn at Roundtable Hold (800 Runes)
- Heal – Brother Corhyn at Roundtable Hold (1500 Runes)
- Magic Foritifcation – Brother Corhyn at Roundtable Hold (3500 Runes)
- Rejection – Brother Corhyn at Roundtable Hold (1500 Runes)
- Urgent Heal – Brother Corhyn at Roundtable Hold (1000 Runes)
- Black Flame – Brother Corhyn at Roundtable Hold (600 Runes)
- Black Flame Blade – Brother Corhyn at Roundtable Hold (600 Runes)
- Darkness – Brother Cohyn at Roundtable Hold (3500 Runes)
- Blood Flame Blade – Teardrop Scarab drop at Liurnia of the Lakes: Rose Church
- Rockblaster – Chest in Sellia Crystal Tunnel
If you’re playing and enjoying the game, good for you! You might have questions though, so we have some guides to help you out. When making a character, picking the right class is important. Figure out how to level up your character once you’re in the game. From there, you might want to learn how to upgrade gear, or maybe how to find powerful weapons, like the Meteorite Staff. There are also tons of crafting jobs to be done, like making multiple types of arrows.