The Beyond Light expansion for Destiny 2 brings a bunch of new content to the game. The moon of Europa has become the focal point for a raging war between various factions, and the Guardians need to put a stop to it. Throughout the story of the new expansion you will take on more powerful foes and increase your own standing, but there’s always more work to be done. Players will eventually finish the main story, but be able to take on harder missions with the new Empire Hunts in Destiny 2.
How to get Empire Hunts
To get into these new quests, you need to progress the story for starters. As you battle your way through legions of enemies, you’ll be competing for more powerful gear that will increase your Light Level. There are a bunch of new quest lines being added to the game in the expansion. As you play through the expansion, you will unlock more of them.
You will eventually find one called Reclaiming Europa, which is handed out by Variks, and then leads into other quests. These are the Empire Hunts in Destiny 2. That first quest leads to a wider chain that terminates with a quest called Defeat the Dark Priestess,
After those quests are completed, speak to Variks again. That’s the final one in this chain, and it will unlock the first of three Empire Hunts. There are also some other splinter hunts, like The Warrior, which occur after beating the main story.
How to complete Empire Hunts
The cost to purchase an Empire Hunt is 40 Herealways Pieces. You can receive these by completing bounties and various activities on Europa. You get a few for completing each activity, head back to Variks again when you have 40 to see what’s available. Each one of the Empire Hunts in Destiny 2 involves a unique boss fight against one of the following bosses: Phylaks, Kridis, or Praksis.
They will be similar to the fights you already completed during the expansion’s campaign, but they will have gotten a bit of a power boost, so bring out the good stuff. Now that you know how to take on Empire Hunts, you need to know why you’re doing it.
Completing Empire Hunts and the other Beyond Light quests have some very unique rewards, like the new Salvation’s Grip exotic grenade launcher. To obtain the Salvation’s Grip exotic grenade launcher in Destiny 2: Beyond Light, you have to complete a questline called The Stasis Prototype/Gathering Intel. You need to head to the Drifter to get this quest though, and it has some very interesting requirements for completion.
Here’s how to get the new Salvations Grip Exotic:
- Complete public events (Glimmer Extraction and Ether Servitor respectively) to find Fallen Captains and take them down. You need to kill 10 of them for the first step.
- The Empire Hunts become important for the next step. You to find and defeat one of Eramis’ council members in an Empire Hunt to complete the second phase of the quest.
- The third step to unlock Salvation’s Grip is to defeat 100 enemies with Statis abilities. The best way to do this is to stand by the flag during a public event and nuke anything that gets close with ice attacks. You will need to have the Stasis sub-class unlocked of course.
- The fourth step is to head to the Asterion Abyss area and meet Spider’s associate in the Concealed Void lost sector. Drifter will trigger some dialogue when this happens.
- You will finally get to use the Exotic during the Stealing Stasis mission, where you battle away a legion of foes and finally get to claim your new prize.