Grinding Gear Games has just wrapped a very thorough AMA on the PS4 subreddit, fielding questions from gamers and fans about the impending launch of the newest console version of Path of Exile. The PS4 port of Path of Exile drops on March 26th, and will include many features from the PC and Xbox One variants, as well as some new tweaks. And of course, there will be the new Synthesis and Betrayal content.
If you have no idea what Betrayal or Synthesis Leagues are, don’t worry, we’ve got some handy guides to help you out.
There’s a new players guide to POE that lays out the basics of playing this ARPG. If you want a POE 3.6 starter build, that’s here too. We’ve also got a guide about the basics of Synthesis League and the Memory Nexus if you want that. For you end-game farmers, we’ve even got a guide to mapping in Synthesis. If you’re leveling a character for the first time and need some help optimizing your item loadout, we got that covered as well. And if you need a refresher on Betrayal League content, we’ve got you.
We’ve collected many of the most important details down below, sorted by section.
- American and European regions will be launched on the same day, no firm dates for other regions yet.
- The download size is roughly 9GB for launch.
- The target for performance is 60 FPS with Dynamic Resolution, and you can achieve 30 FPS 1080p, no HDR support.
PS4 Specific Details
- The PS4 version of the current Synthesis League will be shortened by one month, allowing the PS4 to sync new content schedules with the other ports.
- It won’t be possible to connect to a PC account with a PlayStation 4 account.
- Race events and Private Leagues are coming to the PS4 soon.
- Text chat support will also be coming to this console version in the future.
- PS4 will feature a large scope trophy pack, including a platinum trophy. No trophy will require trading or finding a mirror.
- PS+ members will receive a PS+ benefits pack, which will include various cosmetics, but no direct gameplay advantage over others.
- Linking of gear between accounts will be coming soon.
- All of the skills currently in Path of Exile 3.6 will be in the PS4 version, although some will work slightly differently.
- Neversink filters will be integrated with the PS4 version by default, no customization at launch though.
- Hideout template sharing is not supported on the PS4.
- No local co-op or cross-platform play at launch.
- A trade system will be present, similar to the one on Xbox One.
- The controller layout is the same as Xbox. Skills will be bound to X/O/Triangle/Square, while holding down ‘R2’ will bring up a second set of skill binds. Flasks are bound to L1/R1, D-Pad Left/Up/Right. Button re-mapping is available for skills on X/O/Square/Triangle only. Button remaps will not be supported at this time.
Challenge League Details
- The PS4 version will have all 8 base league configurations, Permanent Standard League, Permanent Hardcore, Permanent SSF Standard, Permanent SSF Hardcore, Temporary Standard League, Temporary Hardcore, Temporary SSF Standard, Temporary SSF Hardcore.
- Betrayal League content will not be temporarily disabled on the PS4 version like it was on the Xbox One.
So that’s the basics of what the PS4 launch will look like with Path of Exile. What do you think about all of this? Maybe let us know what you think about other news like the upcoming Korea release of the ARPG. Let us know in the comments.