Ghost of Tsushima Update 1.05 has been released, and with it comes a few notable changes to the new PS4 adventure.
The new patch will include various fixes, as well as some adjustments to add new game modes to make the game tougher. Those who found the highest difficulty too easy will find it much harder now. Thanks to the new Lethal difficulty. Enemy AI has been tuned to make them more effective in both combat and detecting the player. Animations windows for dodges and parries have also been tightened, making combat more challenging overall.
The developer has also toned down the experience with a lesser difficulty mode, lower intensity. The goal here is to make it easier for players looking for a casual experience. There will be more chances to catch your breath and less unblockable attacks overall. Enemies will also have a harder time finding the player.
The final set of additions come as adjustments to text options in the game, mostly focusing on making UI and subtitle elements easier to read. New subtitle options have also been added.
Ghost of Tsushima has been very good in terms of sales. It topped the top 10 in UK sales numbers for the past week. It managed to beat out The Last of Us: Part II and Animal Crossing: New Horizons, both of which remain uproariously popular. This success is owed in large part to the unique feel of the story and gameplay, as well as the brilliant presentation of the world that the game represents.
Ghost of Tsushima will likely get some more patches in the future though, so keep your eyes peeled for more changes. Check out the full patch notes for Ghost of Tsushima Update 1.05 down below.
Ghost of Tsushima Update 1.05 Patch Notes
New difficulty options
- Enemy weapons are more deadly, but Jin’s Katana is also more deadly
- Enemies are more aggressive in combat
- Enemies detect you faster
- Tighter parry and dodge windows
Lower intensity mode
- Most enemy attacks which are normally unblockable become blockable
- Meaning: holding L1 will block almost all attacks
- Enemies break off their attack combos after damaging you
- This will give players a chance to recover in between getting attacked
- Attack combos from Brutes can be interrupted by delivering a heavy attack yourself
- Enemies will not attack while you’re using resolve to heal
- Enemy awareness builds slower, giving you more time to recover after being spotted
You can activate lower intensity mode in the accessibility options menu.
- Large text option
- Increases text size of subtitles, mission objectives, and interact prompts by 150% when enabled
- Added option to turn speaker name off when subtitles are enabled
- New subtitle color options in addition to white
- Yellow, blue, red, green