Just like in Oddysey, you need to gather various kinds of resources in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. Each area of the map has different resources in it, and some of them are easier to find than others. Each zone in the game has a marker on it within the game’s map. Look for nodes that have high wealth ratings for the best resources. Each region will have a mix of resources but will require you to scout around for them.
Carbon ingot is used to enhance the quality of a gear from Fine to Superior. Gunnar, your settlement’s blacksmith, would appreciate finding more of it.
Where to find more carbon ingots in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
You could find things like carbon ingots by just prowling around the map and manually finding a node, but there’s a much faster way. normally you would have to find the node out in the world, but it’s easier just head to the nearest synchronizing point to map them out. Climb up and synchronize the area to map out all the resource nodes. You can then use the in-game map to find any resources in the game.
As you do this, you will notice various randomized markers on the map. These points of interest are a mix of different items. The wealth-based ones can drop random gear, resources like carbon ingots, as well as other useful items. Use the synchronization and the map to grab a bunch of cool stuff. You can even get Books of Knowledge from these drops, so they’re worth farming as well.
In England, a great way to secure carbon ingots to go raiding. Hitting enemy camps can be a great source of random drops, with a focus on resources and the like. Once you’ve cleared out the POIs and the camps in an area, move on to another one and repeat the farm. You can usually find a couple of these each raid, either you or your crew will grab it.
Locations to find more carbon ingots in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- In the loot chest within the locked house in Kjotve’s Fortress
- In a watchtower on the north of Kjotve’s Fortress.
- Inside a house in Stavanger with a locked door. There is an archery range next to the door.
- Underground in Stavanger. Enter through the secret entrance. Following the wealth marker there will be a ground entrance with a banner and a shelf blocking the way. Go through it.
- From the beaches of Mannskapsangrep. Head north until you see a mountainside and a pointy rock formation. Inbetween will be an abandoned longship. Behind the longship will be a small rock flatland with a frozen camp. Between the camp and abandoned longship would be a sunken ship. Use axe to break open the hull to reach the chest.
- South of Alcestre Monastery, kill the Murderer and loot his body.