Fortnite releases tentative 8.20 patch notes
Epic has been quietly and steadily working on changes and patches for their flagship battle royale title, Fortnite. The company has been churning out bug fixes, new content and plenty of patches to players to make the game even better. This trend will continue with the release of the latest Fortnite patch, 8.20. That patch is actually a bit of a ways off, but Epic wants to give us a preview.
Weapons and Other Gameplay
A bunch of weird issues like players going invulnerable when interacting with certain mechanics got the axe in Fortnite’s 8.20 patch. Server stability has been improved across the board as well, with less crashes being experienced. The developers are also looking to iterate on gameplay mechanics released in previous patches, fixing an oversight with the Baller vehicle and trap damage.
The biggest fix some players will be looking forward to will be a solution to the bug that changes a player’s Squad Fill preference to “Fill,” that can lead to queuing up with undesired players. There’s a bunch of bugs on mobile devices, like the field of view glitching out or minimap flicker, that have been addressed too. UI elements should also be properly seated, meaning the main menu won’t float off-center.
Epic is also working on fixes for other bugs that remain unresolved, like having the reticle on a weapon disappear sometimes, although things like that have yet to be dealt with.
Glitches with art and animations assets have been nixed with v8.20 as well.
You can of course find the full patch notes, as least as they currently exist, down below.
- Weapons + Items
- Fixed an issue where Clingers were damaging players through walls when stuck to another player.
- Fixed an issue preventing Glider item pickups from displaying their stack count.
- Smoothed out the motion of grenade projectile trajectories, which were lagging behind by a tick.
- Entering a vehicle no longer plays the release sound of balloons if you have no balloons.
- The balloon rope will no longer remain on your back when you run out of balloons.
- Fixed an issue where players were flying out of a Pirate Cannon in a different direction than expected.
- Fixed an issue preventing the ability to enter a Pirate Cannon when close to other geometry.
- Fixed the ability for players to finely tune Pirate Cannon’s ability to aim side to side.
- Fixed an issue causing Buried Treasure to spawn loot on the Starting Island.
- Fixed an issue with the icy feet effect remaining on indefinitely while emoting.
- Traps now do damage to The Baller vehicle first before damaging the driver.
- Fixed issue causing some traps to be inside thicker structures, making them hard to see.
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a player being invulnerable while DBNO.
- Fixed the camera sometimes traveling too far when cycling to another player.
- Fixed an issue where poor server performance could cause undesired effects on clients such as unnecessary movement corrections.
- Added a fix for a rare server crash.
- Made a small server performance improvement related to the Baller vehicle.
- Updated animation budgets to be more performant on higher scalability settings.
- Art + Animation
- Fixed a bug where the destruction effects were not playing on the Baller when it’s destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where some items didn’t have proper audio when dropping them from inventory.
- Fixed issue with Main Menu icons becoming off-center.
- Fixed a bug that was causing a player’s Squad Fill preference to reset to “Fill”.
- Fixed an issue where scopes would be missing reticle lines on low settings.
- Fixed an occasional awkward camera movement that would occur when switching to different view targets while spectating.
- Fixed field of view on 21:9 devices.
- Fixed an issue with quickbar and extra buttons that made it possible to cause fire state to be stuck on a continuous loop.
- Fixed an issue causing the camera to jump on initial touch input.
- Fixed an issue causing incorrect building pieces to gain focus when editing.
- Fixed missing outline effect for squad members.
- Fixed minimap remaining on screen during Victory Royale sequence.
- Fixed not being able to select building material while being a passenger in a vehicle.
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.