Epic’s mega-hit battle royale, Fortnite, is back in the headlines again, this time due to some good news. Earlier today we reported on a rumor that was swirling. It turns out that, despite some people really wanting such a feature, Epic has no plans to offer Battle Pass in a yearly model in future iterations. Now, let’s talk about the patch which set off that lightning storm of a rumor, Fortnite 11.30.
The new introduction of Split Screen, allowing you to play Duos and Squads on the same PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, is a big point of order here this week. Players on consoles have long enjoyed a feature in other games, and this will absolutely help bring more players into those match pool going forward.
The developer is also pushing some content related to a Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker event, set to take place this weekend. The party hub has also been updated with previews for new additions, including a bunch of cosmetics for mobile users. There’s also a slew of bug fixes for various elements in the Fortnite 11.30 patch.
Those interested can find the full patch notes for this new version down below.
Fortnite Update 11.30 Patch Notes
v11.30 is live for Battle Royale and includes the following changes:
- Introducing Split Screen.
- Play Duos and Squads with a friend on the same PlayStation 4 or Xbox One.
- This is an early release of Split Screen; we will continue to improve the feature. Please report bugs via the in-game Feedback tool.
- Preview what’s in the Item Shop using your mobile device.
- With Party Hub, you can now preview what’s new in the Item Shop before loading into the game.
- To do this, open Party Hub, swipe right, and tap “Preview Items.”
- Increased the daily Item Shop gifting limit from 3 to 5.
- Changed Ammo Indicator.
- Now a visual representation of remaining ammo number rather than a solid bar.
- You can now choose when to transition from the “Eliminated By” screen to the end-of-match XP screen.
- To transition to the end-of-match XP screen, press “Continue” on the “Eliminated By” screen.
- Made preparations for the Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker live event at Risky Reels on December 14, 2 PM ET.
- Resolved an issue involving the Safe Zone setting on Xbox One returning to 1.00 upon each login.
- Resolved an issue involving some trees and metal fences in Arena not granting the correct material increase.
- The Magma Wrap now appears correctly on the Bandage Bazooka and Pistol.
- Resolved an issue involving the Bandolette Outfit appearing to have two hairstyles merged together.
- Resolved an issue involving some items from the Twin Turntables set appearing grainy and pixelated.
- The Social menu Friends List on mobile devices no longer auto-scrolls to the top when players try to scroll down.
- Resolved an issue involving players’ Quick Bar being inadvertently defaulted off on mobile devices.