First update released for APEX Legends, full patch notes out
Respawn just pushed out the first update to their massively popular new battle royale title, Apex Legends. It’s a fairly small update in terms of content, but with the ongoing and insane popularity of Apex Legends, which only continues to grow, the company plans to expand the game with more fixes and new content over time.
The new patch focuses on bringing some issues under control, namely to do with server stability and performance issues. The patch also fixes an issue where players would get a gray screen in lobby when connecting for the first time and an issue where your friends list showed all your friends as offline and unable to party. There’s a few tweaks to the UI to make certain gameplay elements clearer to players. There are also some duplication exploits players found in the first week since launch.
Speaking of that first week, Apex has exploded in popularity. The game not only gained more than 10 million players in the first three days, it also overtook Fortnite in Twitch viewers for a short time. Not bad for the new battle royale kid on the block.
After this first patch, Respawn is also planning to drop in some new loot for players to goof around with in celebration of Valentine’s Day. The new skin for the DMR and a new banner frame, each with their own lovey-dovey theme, will drop on the item store tonight and will be available from then until 2/19.
Apex Legends is out now for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
APEX Legends First Patch Release Notes
- Added “Live Die Live” Banner Badge: Revive a member of your squad between 2/13 and 2/19 to earn this limited time badge.
- Added Valentines Day cosmetic items to the store. They will be live and available in the store starting 2/13 until 2/19 and then they’re gone!
- “Through the Heart” Longbow Epic DMR skin
- “Love of the Game” Pathfinder banner frame
STABILITY / BUGS / PERFORMANCE / QoL
- Various improvements and tweaks to UI.
- Extended timeout that was causing players with slower hard drives to crash.
- Addressed a number of client and server stability issues.
- Fixed exploit where you could keep duplicating items in your inventory.
- Addressed a number of stability and performance issues.
- Fixed issue where players would get a gray screen in lobby when connecting for the first time.
- Fixed issue where your friends list showed all your friends as offline and unable to party.
- Shortened duration of Bloodhound’s Eye of the Allfather clones to remain in the world by 1 second.?
- Arc Star now displays a grenade warning indicator.
- Addressed a number bugs with map geo like holes you could fall through and areas that players could get stuck in plus a bunch of other polish issues.
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.