If you count yourself among those gamers waiting for a PC version of Final Fantasy XV, your wait is now over. Square Enix has released details including; system requirements, preorder information and finally, a variety of new features exclusive to the PC release.
Gamers can now preorder Final Fantasy XV for PC through three retailers, Steam, Windows 10 and Origin. And of course, just to confuse buyers, the bonuses for each preorder can differ depending on retailer.
On Steam, pre-orders will include “FFXV Fashion Collection” which includes a selection of T-Shirts for Noctis to wear, each with a special boost. The EPISODE GLADIOLUS Tee enhances strength, EPISODE PROMPTO Tee accelerates HP recovery rate, EPISODE IGNIS Tee increases critical hit rate, while the COMRADES Tee increases maximum HP.
Orders on the Microsoft Store come with the “FFXV Powerup Pack”. This pack contains Dodanuki, a sleek sword created by a bladesmith that reduces enemy defence with each slash. The pack also includes 10 phoenix downs and 10 elixirs.
Finally, on Origin, the pre-orders include the “FFXV Decal Selection”. This pack contains an array of decals for the Regalia car, that celebrates Gladiolus, Prompto and Ignis, as well as the men and women of the Kingsglaiv.
The system requirements, including what’s needed for 4K are as follows:
The PC version comes with a load of new features detailed below:
Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players can also take on a battle with the Rulers of Yore
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fish and recipes
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed
- A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
- All current season pass content including: EPISODE GLADIOLUS, EPISODE PROMPTO, MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES and EPISODE IGNIS
- Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the FINAL FANTASY XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations. Through them, players will be able to obtain more information about the world
- Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D