Square Enix has announced the next content update for Final Fantasy XIV called Under the Moonlight which will deploy with the 4.3 patch. Under the Moonlight introduces the next chapter of the Ivalice 24-man raid series alongside new quests, reworked trials and dungeon, and more.
The new dungeon content will be locked to higher-level players, those at least level 61, and has 100 floors in total. Each 30-ish floor section comprises a different element of the story content featured in 4.3, with every 30-ish floors after the first thirty meant to act as increasing challenges for those that have completed the main scenario.
The later patches in the bunch will also include more content in the Hildibrand region, with patches 4.35 and 4.36 adding subsequent content to the area. There’s some new quests and other stuff coming, so keep an eye out for that.
The new content will drop on 22 May so start getting ready now.
Patch highlights include :
- New Main Scenario Quests – The Stormblood storyline continues in the far-eastern land of Doma.
- New Sidequests
- New 24-man Alliance Raid – The second chapter of the popular Return to Ivalice series takes players to the Ridorana Lighthouse. Gear from the raid will be inspired by Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy XII
- New Trial and Dungeon
- New Beast Tribe Quests: The Namazu – A new series focused on quests for the Disciples of the Hand and Land.
- New Ultimate Difficulty Raid (Patch 4.31) – Players seeking the greatest challenges may test their skills against this new incarnation of Ultima Weapon.
- New Deep Dungeon: Heaven-on-High (Patch 4.35) – Explore the 100-floor tower within the Ruby Sea.
- The Next Installment of The Forbidden Land, Eureka – The Pagos Expedition (Patch 4.36)
- Cross-world Linkshells – A new linkshell chat system will allow players to communicate across servers within their data center with ease.
- Updates to jobs, PvP, glamour system, housing, performance actions, new powerful gear and more
Check out the trailer below.
And it’s not just the main 4.3 patch either, throughout the development process Square Enix will introduce more content with sub-patches. The Ultimate Trial will coming in Patch 4.31. Patch 4.35 will see the launch on Heaven-on-High, the new version of the Deep Dungeon concept.
There’s also some planned expansions to the Glamour cosmetics system that include new items and color options. Mini-games are also being added to the Duty Finder so that interested parties can partake in this activities in an easier fashion. Grouping will be easy as ever in Under The Moonlight.