Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida, leading the team behind the successful MMORPG, has some exciting news. During the most recent news segment direct from the team, Yoshida hads news about player numbers. According to these statements, Final Fantasy XIV has reached 18 million registered players worldwide during the latest Letter from the Producer LIVE stream.
Square Enix has also revealed that a new port of Final Fantasy XIV is coming soon. Fans of the MMO will soon be able to enjoy the amazingly detailed and enjoyable MMO on the PS5. Although first Sony’s new console has to come out. The PS5 is due to launch late in 2020. The company will also be working to bring a new series of global FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festivals for 2020-2021 to the fans.
The Final Fantasy franchise could also very well explode in popularity thanks to the impending release of the first chapter of the Final Fantasy VII remake next year.
And even though Shadowbringers helped propel the game to new heights, there’s always people looking for more to do. And with the next patch, Square Enix is giving those hardcore fans exactly what they want.
With the upcoming launch of the 5.2 patch to the MMO, the team is expecting even more growth thanks to all of the new additions coming soon. The new update, called Echoes of a Fallen Star, brings onboard a bunch of new quests and other content. This patch will include a whole bunch of fresh content:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The adventures of the Warrior of Darkness and the Scions of the Seventh Dawn continue as they further unravel the mysteries of the First.
- New Equipment Enhancement Quest Series – This new quest series will feature regular updates from Patch 5.2 onward, allowing players to obtain powerful equipment as they learn more about the Hrothgar homeland, the Bozja Citadel.
- New Trial: The Ruby Weapon – Players can challenge Ruby Weapon in both normal and extreme difficulties.
- New Chronicles of a New Era Quest: The Sorrow of Werlyt – Discover the lore behind the new Weapon series.
- New Raid: Eden’s Verse – The second chapter in the Eden raid series will feature challenging new battles in both normal and savage difficulties.
- Ishgardian Restoration Update – The next update in this content for Disciples of the Hand and Land will feature gatherer-specific content in the Diadem, high-level crafting challenges, a new ranking system, and more.
- New Beast Tribe Quests – The Qitari will provide new quests geared towards Disciples of the Land classes.
- New Dungeon: Anamnesis Anyder – This new challenge can be tackled alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters using the Trust system.
- Crafting and Gathering Overhaul – The next set of adjustments to Disciples of the Land and Hand which will further enhance the gathering and crafting experience for beginners and veterans alike.
- Job Adjustments, Adjustments to PvP Actions, Additional New Game+ Chapters, and More
If you want more details, check out the overview from Work to Game of the 56th Letter from the Producer stream down below.