Final Fantasy XIV is still chugging along, and the upcoming patch to version 4.4, titled “Prelude in Violet” is coming soon. It’s a pretty large update, making it one of the larger non-expansion patches to the game in recent memory.
The Four Lords and Hildibrand Adventures are a major focus for this update, with a bunch of new missions and story elements being added for these questlines in 4.4’s patch. FFXIV patch 4.4 will also bring us the next eight-player raid in the Omega raids with Alphascape. For four-player groups, two new dungeons will be debuting; The Burn and Saint Mocianne’s Arboretum Hard.
The update will release on September 18th on the live servers for both PS4 and PC, and it will include a ton of new content. Here’s the simple rundown of the new content.
- New Main Scenario Quest
- New Sidequests – The Four Lords and Even Further Hildibrand Adventures
- New Dungeons – The Burn and Saint Mocianne’s Arboretum (Hard)
- New Trial – Hells’ Kier (Suzaku)
- New Raid – Omega: Alphascape
- Gathering and Crafting Updates – New Recipes
- Housing Updates – Addition of the Mannequin Indoor Furnishing
- Expansion of The Lost Canals of Uznair – The Treasure Hunting instance
- Battle System and PvP Updates, New Gold Saucer Content, Added Group Pose Functionality, and more
Final Fantasy XIV is currently available for PS4 and PC, check out the trailers for the update down below. Check out the official site for the full patch preview and patch notes.