EVE Valkyrie patch adds HOTAS and widescreen support
CCP’s EVE Valkyrie Warzone took the game from being a VR exclusive to offering standard monitor gameplay. A lot of new features and bug fixes added to the space combat shooter including HOTAS support and widescreen. The overall experience, especially without VR exclusivity has been much improved.
EVE Valkyrie Warzone patch R4.4’s main highlights are the HOTAS support which is long overdue, 21:9 widescreen support, Nvidia Surround, and AMD EyeFinity support. An enhanced form of mouse support has also been introduced to allow players to have more fine-tuned control over maneuvering in-game. Simply move the mouse from the center to turn and move it back to the middle to the middle.
The fact that HOTAS support has been added to EVE: Valkyrie will be a definite relief to some gamers. Supported setups include the following:
- Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X
- Logitech Saitek HOTAS X52
- Logitech Saitek HOTAS X52 Pro
- Saitek X-55 Rhino HOTAS
- Logtitech X-56 HOTAS
- Thrustmaster Warthog stick & throttle
- Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Flightstick
Other sticks can be used but these are the ones CCP have created settings for in-game. All menu navigation still has to be done with a controller or mouse/keyboard still. HOTAS is only for in-game.
Great to see this finally added now that the game can be played outside of VR but it’s taken a while.
Other changes in this patch include the following:
- Bug fix for crash occurring during Trojan Fleet mission
- Bug fix for progression being blocked during Trojan Fleet
- Stability improvements when playing Extraction on Cathedral
- Bug fix for LOD issue on stationary ships on Shipyard
- Bug fix for Rán Hunt minigame
- Bug fix for pilot dashboards not updating correctly
- Bug fix for re-mapping Reset HMD button resulting in being unable to navigate menus
- Bug fix for mouse input not being reset between binding attempts
- Bug fix for default widescreen occurring when toggling between flatscreen and VR
- Bug fix for unusual behaviour when inverting com alerts mouse axes
- Removed mouse lock key from bindings that do not use its functionality by default
- Bug fix for custom helmets and suits not appearing in the post-match results screen
- Added descriptions to illustrate which controls schemes utilise free look
- Bug fix for mismatching voice-over and subtitles in Shadow ship bio
- Bug fix for incorrect audio playing while in the Wormhole clone vat
- Bug fix for red enemy indicator remaining static on screen
- Bug fix for mismatched client and desktop resolution
- Bug fix for AI flying away from the Carrier while the Attack phase is still in progress
- Bug fix for incorrect title and outdated image being displayed in Squad invites
- Bug fix for disparity between Clone Vat controller settings and in-game controller settings
- Bug fix on VFX when using Yurei Pulse Cannons
- Bug fix for overpowering bloom on all maps
- Bug fix for divergent blue lights in Solitude
- Bug fix for static loading screen being displayed on Vive HMD
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.