EVE: Valkyrie Carrier Assault Update Released
Oculus Rift headliner EVE: Valkyrie has received its first free update, Carrier Assault. If there’s a better use for VR than emulating the Death Star trench run, I can’t think of it, and evidently neither can devs CCP.
The new mutiplayer game mode is a three stage objective based mode where players can finally get close to a Carrier and take down its defenses. A new map has also been added in this update which includes the following:
- A new multiplayer map: Crossroads
- New Echoes, Salvage, and Survival single-player missions
- New Boost Gates in multiplayer maps that bring an increased sense of speed and add new combat tactics
- Match bonuses that give players additional experience for completing matches, regardless of the outcome
- Ship balancing – Many of the game’s ships have updated stats based on feedback from the EVE: Valkyrie community
- Improvements to AI behaviour and other fixes
And now for some space action in video form.
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.