Dragon Quest XI coming to Steam in September
Just because Square Enix is helping set up new studios, that doesn’t mean their sitting on their own hands.
Square Enix has announced that Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age will be released on Steam on 4 September. There are also PS4 and Switch versions in the works.
The newest game in the franchise includes work from Akira Toriyama, Koichi Sugiyama and Yuji Horii working on character design and the musical score.
The new release promises “finely tuned turn-based combat and an immersive story that will appeal to fans and newcomers alike”. Players can expect plenty of side quests, mini-games, and over 100 hours of gameplay according to the devs.
In addition to delivering over 100 hours of content, the Western release of DRAGON QUEST XI will also feature several upgrades and enhancements that were not included in the Japanese release, including:
- English Voiceover – to bring the charismatic cast of characters to life
- Draconian Quest – a hard mode that offers additional challenges for more experienced players
- Overhauled Menus & UI – with graphical enhancements and more intuitive navigation
- Camera Mode – allowing players to take in views of the beautiful landscape, character renders and ferocious monsters in detail
- A new dash function and many other system enhancements such as improved character and camera movement
Check out some of the gameplay trailers that have been released so far below:
The highly anticipated latest entry to the beloved DRAGON QUEST video game franchise follows the adventure of a hero who must solve the mystery of his fate with the aid of a charming cast of supporting characters. DRAGON QUEST XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age will offer a world of adventure, exploration and instances of heroism— all brought to life by the character art of famed manga artist Akira Toriyama and the memorable music of composer Koichi Sugiyama.
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.