If you’re a DBZ fan or just a fan of Bandai Namco fighting games, there’s been a great game coming out with Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot. The new RPG-focused adventure takes fans of the legendary anime through the life and adventures of one Son Goku. Through the perilous Saiyan Arc and the first battle with Vegeta, up to his passing of the torch to a new crop of Zfighters in the Buu Saga. Within the beloved story is a complete overhaul of the gameplay style introduced by titles like Dragon Ball Xenoverse and its sequel. the RPG gameplay has been amped up, giving players even more customization options for creating their ideal cast of Zfighters through the new character progression system. But with all of that complexity, comes a swamp of potential bugs and issues. With a new patch though, Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot Update 1.04, has gone bug hunting.
The whole thing is a fairly small patch, but it still fixes some very serious problems. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot Update 1.04 will patch a handful of bugs in a few different areas. Better load times are first up, players should be able to move between areas a bit quicker in all zones now. Players also encountered bugs with various missions and story mode scenes, primarily within the Saiyan Arc. Now, players should encounter a couple of fewer issues with messed up save data within Saiyan Arc Episodes 3 and 5. A few other sub-stories, like The Longest Three Hours and Goten’s Growth, have had issues resolved too. There were a couple of other bugs patched, although these had a bit less impact as the triggers for these issues were fairly specific.
Check out the full patches for Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot Update 1.04 down below.
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot Patch 1.04 Release Notes
- Reduced load times when traveling from one area to another
- Fixed issue where players were unable to accept the Sub-Story “Telekinesis Training” (Saiyan Arc Episode 3). This could happen when players had saved and loaded their Save Data after fighting Tien.
- Also fixed issue that caused the Main Story icon to not appear if you save and load your Save Data. This could happen after clearing the Main Story “The Longest Three Hours” (Saiyan Arc Episode 5).
- An issue where Chi Chi is not on the field if you accept the Sub Story “Goten’s Growth” (Buu Arc Episode 1) and clear the Main Story without completing the Sub Story.
- An issue that caused Characters related to the Main or Sub Story to not appear if that specific character is already found within the field as a Villainous Enemy.