Diablo 2: Resurrected 2.3.1 has been deployed. The new patch is hoping to fix a few elements, and add a few new things. There’s not much to the patch in terms of anything beyond bug fixes. But still, the patch is important as it makes a few key changes,
The core focus of the patch was on quick casting. Quick casting was a big problem. Despite it being added to make the management of allies much easier. It would also allow players to apply buffs much easier. The feature as shipped in the launch version was borked in a few key areas. Characters would stop moving when using a quick cast spell, leading to a lot of player deaths and frustration. Also, players will now be able to target allies and corpses with quick spells now.
Another big issue was the force move. Players couldn’t previously rebind the key for this function, and now the game lets players to better control their character. Force move now functions while in your stash and horadric cube menus.
Other minor fixes include technical updates that improve DLSS support, as well as better use of certain spell effects.
Diablo 2: Resurrected 2.3.1 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue where some characters that have more than one special character in their name were unable to load into the game.
- Quick Cast skills now properly target allies and corpses
- Fixed an issue where opening the horadric cube while quick casting could cause your character to become stuck continuously casting
- Activating an aura with quick cast will no longer stop your character from moving
- Quick cast melee skills now allow the player to move to the mouse location outside of towns
- Improved quick cast behavior for Inferno and Arctic Blast
- Updated the DLSS .dll file to a more recent version
- Resolved some visual artifacts that would present when using teleport
- Resolved some visual artifacts that would present around partially transparent walls
- Classic characters can now change their force move keybinding
- If the player is holding down Force Move, they will now continue moving after using a skill
- Force move now functions while in your stash and horadric cube menus
- Fixed an issue where scrolling through chat could at the same time scroll through your right mouse button skills
- Fixed an issue where performing an inventory action after weapon swapping would un-select your Throw skill
- Fixed a crash that could occur when exiting the game