The newest expansion for Destiny 2 has finally been revealed, and along with it there comes a lot of new content to the popular shooter.
Say hello to Warmind.
The main story is set on Mars and centers around the renewed fight against an awakened Rasputin. This fight will culminate in a new raid for players to undertake. We got our first look at Hunter Gunslinger Ana Bray, scion of the Clovis Bray Corporation of the Golden Age, as well as the new Escalation Protocol horde mode, as well as some new weapons and armor being added in Warmind. Some weapons and abilities are being rebalanced as well to tweak their damage output.
There’s also a bunch of new details about Season 3 of Destiny 2 and how it will unfold. There’s a bunch of changes to Exotics coming in Season 3, as well as an expansion of Valor and Glory ranks that players will earn in the Crucible as well as the private matches system that will enable players to select game type, map, time and score limits, and respawn time.
The expansion will launch on May 8th on PS4, Xbox One, and PC, and it’ll cost $19.99.
Below you can read a summary of the features and story of the expansion. You can also check out a brand new trailer introducing Ana bray, and a ton of screenshots and artwork.
Ana Bray, a Guardian long thought lost, searches for a connection to her past…one that could be hidden forever beneath the polar ice cap of Mars. As Golden Age satellites begin slamming back to ground, glaciers begin to thaw, revealing the core of the Warmind Rasputin – and an ancient Hive army bent on its destruction. Now free, the Hive swarm in service to their god.
- All-New Destination to Explore
This expansion takes place on an all new destination, Hellas Basin, set within the frozen landscape of Mars’ pole. Players will journey across massive glaciers, and through rocky red caverns, and Hive infested caves in search of new weapons and gear, and to test themselves against new threats and challenges. Warmind features an all new Raid lair, a new Hive faction and brand-new endgame ritual, Escalation Protocol.
All-new Raid Lair: Spire of Stars
- The final Raid Lair for the Leviathan, this Raid Lair is one of the pinnacle activities in Warmind and offers players great reward.
All-new Endgame activity: Escalation Protocol
- Escalation Protocol is a player triggered event where players will fight escalating waves of enemies and slay challenging bosses right alongside their friends.
New themed weapons, armor, and gear to earn
- Destination themed armor with matching weapons, brand new and reprised exotics, and a powerful key moment relic will round out player arsenals.
- Action, Adventure, and Gameplay Activities for All Types of Players: New, Returning, Casual, and Competitive
Play Solo or with Friends
- Story Campaign – Delve into the story of Ana Bray, and Rasputin. Explore Hellas Basin Mars and stop the rise of the Hive army.
Join Friends to Complete Cooperative Experiences
- Strikes – Three-player cooperative matchmade missions in Destiny 2.
- Raid Lair – A brand-new, six-player activity that takes place on the Leviathan. This Raid Lair offers new areas to explore, new encounters, new rewards, and a brand-new boss.
- New Story & Adventures
Warmind adds a new chapter to the world of Destiny 2. Players delve into the story of Ana Bray and Rasputin.
- PlayStation Exclusive Content
At launch, PlayStation gamers will get access to an additional timed exclusive* Strike called The Insight Terminus.
- Zavala needs a team of Guardians to break into a Vex tomb on Nessus that has been overrun by the Cabal. Defeat the powerful Psion commander before he can take over the Vex gateway network and reap the rewards.
- This will also include an earnable timed exclusive* Armor set for each class
And here’s some of the screenshots of new enemies, items and other goodies: