Destiny 2 has added a lot of stuff with the new expansion. Everyone was expecting a pretty expansive change to the gearing system, and that’s what we got. Bungie has added full weapon crafting which will see players hunting for perks. And unlike traditional exotics with “God Rolls” that have set perk pools, there’s much more customization this time around. As you uncover new items, you may notice a lot more options coming your way. The new crafting and perk unlocks via Deepsight Resonance is just the beginning.
Not only are Exotic weapons coming out in all manner of new forms, there’s a lot more to learn. You’ll want to make sure you purchase The Witch Queen expansion for Destiny 2. Without it, you will not be able to unlock any of this, putting a cap on your power levels in-game. But once you do, there are plenty of things to encounter and fight. One of the tools you unlock as you get through the story is called a Glaive. Then you need to consider the new Artifacts.
The Season of the Risen Artifact Mods are the core aspect you will use to power up the Artifacts you unlock in Season 16 and beyond. Here’s everything included in the Destiny 2 Season of the Risen Artifact, and how to earn mods more quickly.
Each mod equipped to the Artifact will grant a certain bonus to your Guardian. A lot of the mods give players ways around boss mechanics, or ways to take down Champion mobs faster.
All Season of the Risen Artifact Mods
The new Artifact introduces all manner of new mods, and you can find them all listed below. For example, the Anti-Champion mods are all very useful for taking out bosses and Champions by breaking their defensive modifiers.
- Anti-Barrier Scout Rifle (Breaks Barrier modifier on mobs)
- Overload Rounds (Adds damage to Auto Rifles and SMGs)
- Unstoppable Hand Cannon
- Piercing Bowstring (Anti-Barrier mod for bow shots, pierces shields with Shield Piercing shots)
- Unstoppable Pulse Rifle
- Unstoppable Glaive
- Overload Grenades
- Inferno Whip (Solar Melee abilities will stun unshielded champions)
- Glaive Dexterity (Faster ready and stow speed with Glaives)
- Rocket Launcher Scavenger (Bonus ammo reserves for Rocket Launchers when picking up heavy ammo)
- Psyonic Forging I (Increases the duration of Psychohack Origin Trait and the effect of the Suros Synergy Origin Trait)
- Melee Wellmaker (Powered melee combatant final blows spawn elemental wells matching your subclass energy type)
- Hand Cannon Targeting
- Glaive Scavenger (Improves charge time of Glaive)
- Thermoshock Plating (Reduces incoming Solar and Arc damage)
- Font of Might (Picking up an elemental well that matches your subclass grants a DPS buff)
- Psyonic Forging II (Increases the duration of Land Tank Origin Trait and the effect of the Hakke Breach Armaments Origin Trait)
- Lucent Finisher (Defeating a Lucent Hive Lightbearer or Champion via Finisher spawns Heavy Ammo drops)
- Suppressing Glaive (Glaive attacks generate Suppression effects on enemies)
- Suppression Mastery (Increased duration of all Suppression effects)
- Devouring Depths (Void Super attacks while near-death gain a DPS buff)
- Volatile Flow (Elemental Well pickups grant Volatile Rounds to Void weapons)
- Energy Vampirism (Gain energy for your least charged ability when you attack suppressed foes)
- Suppressive Darkness (Targets take additional damage under Suppression effects)
How to level up Risen Mods
The core of this new system sits around leveling up your mods. While playing Season of Risen, there are a few different methods you can use to gain more Artifact XP, increasing the mod potency. There are a few ways most players should focus on, but in short, just play the game. As you play you unlock more loot and XP for your gear.
Bounties and Challenges are a great way to gain new loot, as well as XP for your Artifact Mods. Doing this with XP mods equipped further increases XP gain rate. If you equip XP mods to your ghost, you get a further 10% boost.
Every reset, Guardians get a buff called “well-rested” that earns additional XP for the first five levels gained that week. Be sure to play after each reset to get the most XP possible.