Gnawing Hunger in Destiny 2 is arguably one of the best guns in the game. And when given the buff of solid Perks, it becomes nigh-unstoppable in both PvE and PvP. The Gnawing Hunger is a relatively easy weapon to get as well! Originally introduced during Destiny 2’s Season of the Drifter, this monster has come to dominate the metagame. Here’s how to get it.
How to Get Gnawing Hunger
The most common means for getting it is World Drops. Weekly Powerful or Pinnacle activities are a good source of the Legendary Engrams you need to roll on this item. Umbral Engrams can also be farmed for this drop. Stay with the Lead-Focused Umbral Engram as it has the best chance of dropping Gnawing Hunger in Destiny 2. Alternatively, the Dregen-Focused Umbral Engram and unfocused Umbral Engrams can also give you this rifle, just at lower rates.
If farming Engrams isn’t your thing, there’s another option. Take your Gunsmith junk to Banshee-44 and trade them in. For every 100 mats, you get a guaranteed roll for a random Legendary. THere’s a much lower chance of getting exactly what you want, but you can get Gnawing Hunger. So if you have a large stock of Gunsmith mats already saved up, go this route and hope you get lucky.
The Curated Roll of the Gnawing Hunger is unquestionably the best version. Although since it’s harder to get your hands on, there are some Perk combos that you need to be aware of. Overflow and Rampage are probably one of the best Perk combos for this weapon class when using this weapon, but we can make some tweaks to get a solid roll without them. Subsistence and Rampage are probably the closest you’re going to get without that Overflow Perk though.
Best PvE Perks for Gnawing Hunger
- Chambered Compensator or Arrowhead Break
- Extended Mag – You’re going to need more ammo, but the tradeoff of reload speed is something to keep in mind.
- Subsistence – Subsistence is great for sustained farming, and can be balanced with other Perks.
- Rampage or Demolitionist – Demolitionist is good for sustained farming of big mob packs.
Best PvP Perks for Gnawing Hunger
- Smallbore or Hammer-Forged Rifling – Either of these Perks on Gnawing Hunger boost its base stats, great choices.
- Accurized Rounds – Accurized Rounds gives a solid Stability boost to the weapon.
- Tap the Trigger – Tap the Trigger will allow for even more accurate fire, even at longer range.
- Killclip – Killclip is a must-have for PvP thanks to the DPS boost.