Dead by Daylight: Silent Hill announced, coming soon
Dead by Daylight: Silent Hill has been announced by the developer, bringing the classic characters from the horror franchise to the PvP horror game. Along with the new content, including maps, there are two new characters coming in the expansion. The upcoming DLC pack will be giving players access to two iconic characters from the legendary Silent Hill franchise.
This is the latest of the tie-ins with iconic horror for the game. Film franchise Scream has also gotten a work into the game. As have many other well-known horror franchises.
There will be a new feature in Dead by Daylight called Legendary Outfits. This new cosmetic item will bring a new cosmetic option to the game for players to enjoy. For example, Cheryl will have a Legendary Outfit based on Lisa Garland. There will be more and more outfits added over time. Expect more tie-ins with other horror franchises here too.
Check out the trailer down below.
The new playable characters are two new options, one survivor and one killer, the iconic Cheryl Mason and Pyramid from the early Silent Hill games are planned to come to Dead by Daylight. These two will bring some new abilities and gameplay mechanics to the game.
New playable survivor: Cheryl Mason
Cheryl Mason will be the new survivor playable in the new DLC expansion. She was the main protagonist in Silent Hill 3, and also played a role in both the original Silent Hill game and Silent Hill: Origins. In an interview published by PC Invasion, the creative director of Dead by Daylight said that she will have a new set of different abilities. And it looks like the development team picked this character because of her popularity and that of her source franchise.
The developer has also released tentative information for Cherly and how she will work in-game. It’s important to note that this is subject to change.
- Soul Guard – Gain the Endurance status effect for a limited time after being healed or having recovered from the dying state. While cursed by a Hex, you can fully recover from the dying state.
- Blood Pact – While you or the Obsession are injured, you both see each other’s auras. After healing the Obsession or being healed by the Obsession, you both gain the Haste status effect for a limited time.
- Repressed Alliance – Repressed Alliance activates after repairing generators for some time. When the perk is active, press the Active Ability button while repairing a generator to call upon the Entity to block the generator for a limited time. Affected generators will be revealed by a white aura to all Survivors.
Her new abilities tie into the lore behind Cheryl/Heather Mason. Fans of the original game will note that Heather Mason is actually a reincarnation of Cheryl from the first game.
New playable killer: Pyramid Head
Yes, the incredibly menacing villain will get more screen time in the update as the new killer. Pyramid Head has its own suite of abilities, a rundown for which can be seen below. The new killer wields a large blade and uses his prey’s own fear against them. For example, he can use a new ability to tracked healed survivors across the map.
- Forced Penance – Survivors who take a protection hit are inflicted with the Broken status effect for a limited time.
- Trail of Torment – After kicking a generator, you become Undetectable for a limited time. During this time, the generator’s yellow aura is revealed to Survivors.
- Deathbound – When a Survivor heals another Survivor for one health state, the Survivor performing the healing action will scream, revealing their location and activating Deathbound for a limited time. During that time, the Survivor will suffer from the Oblivious status effect when too far away from the healed Survivor.
Check out some footage, courtesy of IGN, down below of Pyramid Head in action.
There is even a new map coming to the game with this update. This will be the Midwich Elementary School from the first game. This will feature dark corridors and many more places to hide. And you will want to use these to your advantage, as Pyramid Head is excellent at tracking. You will have a hard time hiding from him.
The developers even designed the map to be like the original game as much as possible. So hardcore fans will have something to enjoy in terms of nostalgia.
Check out the trailer for the map down below.
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.