Darksiders III has a stunning new trailer from Gamescom
THQ Nordic has released a new trailer as part of Gamescom this week. This time, we’re seeing Darksiders III in action.
For the unaware, the Darksiders franchise started as a hack-and-slash title from Vigil Games. The current iteration has multiple teams working on it, including Gunfire Games, who are also currently developing Remnant: From the Ashes. But anyway, back to Darksiders.
The gameplay once again follows a demi-god as they fight for vengeance. The original game followed one of the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse, War. Darksiders III takes up the story of Fury as she battles all manner of disgusting and dangerous beings from multiple dimensions. Your task as Fury is to defeat the Seven Deadly Sins, and they’ll be putting a lot of foes between you and them. Players can expect plenty of undead, mutants and otherworldly beasts to oppose them on their quest.
Judging from the trailer, we might even expect to be reunited with previous characters like War over the course of this new game, we’ll just have to wait and see.
Here is an overview of the game, via THQ Nordic:
Return to an apocalyptic Earth in Darksiders III, a hack-n-slash Action Adventure where players assume the role of Fury in her quest to hunt down and dispose of the Seven Deadly Sins. The most unpredictable and enigmatic of the Four Horsemen, Fury must succeed where many have failed – to bring balance to the forces that now ravage Earth. Darksiders III is the long-anticipated, third chapter in the critically-acclaimed Darksiders franchise.
- Play as Fury, a mage who must rely on her whip and magic to restore the balance between good and evil on Earth!
- Harness Fury’s magic to unleash her various forms, each granting her access to new weapons, moves and traversal abilities.
- Explore an open-ended, living, free-form game world in which Fury moves back and forth between environments to uncover secrets while advancing the story.
- Defeat the Seven Deadly Sins and their servants who range from mystical creatures to degenerated beings.
- Sit in awe of Darksiders signature art style. Expansive post-apocalyptic environments that take the player from the heights of heaven to the depths of hell, dilapidated by war and decay and overrun by nature.
Darksiders III will drop for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC on November 27. You can view the Gamescom trailer down below. You can learn more about the game by checking out the official site. You can also peep on the Collector’s Editions of the game.
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.