Dark Souls Remastered launch trailer revealed
Part of what made fans fall so hard was the environment design, and that got a major facelift with this new version. The vistas and crevices of Anor Londo have never looked better than they do right now. But the improvements to performance are sure to make a huge difference for players both new and old. The framerate has been massively improved across the board, and it shows. Those frame-perfect dodges are now much easier to execute.
All in all, this upgrade is a welcome change for diehard fans, and a path of slightly easier access for new players. And if that recommendation didn’t hype you up, maybe the newest gameplay trailer will, check it out below.
Assuming you already own the original, Bandai Namco offered a 50% loyalty discount on the Prepare to Die Edition and had been purchased before 9 May.
Specific enhancements in Dark Souls Remastered include:
- New Bosses – Including Black Dragon, Sanctuary Guardian, Artorias of the Abyss.
- PVP Arena & Online Matchmaking System – Quick matching for players to play 1vs1, 2vs2 and 4 player battle royal.
- New Areas – Including Oolacile Township, Oolacile Sanctuary, Royal Wood, Battle of Stoicism which is the training ground for online PVP battles.
- New Enemies – Including Wooden scarecrows, Chained Prisoner, Stone Knight.
- New NPCs – Including Hawkeye Gough, Elizabeth (keeper of the sanctuary).
- New Weapons and Armor – Equip some from the new bosses, enemies, and NPCs.
Dark Souls is back, and it looks better than ever in Dark Souls: Remastered. Coming May 25 to Xbox One, PS4 and Steam, then later this year on Nintendo Switch.
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.