Equipping implants and customizing V is a big part of making your ideal build in this game. Your stat and perk choices are just the tip of the iceberg. The primary way by which you gain new abilities and boost your combat effectiveness is through Cyberpunk 2077 cyberware. These special items are slotted into your body and grant various passive abilities and buffs. You can get many different kinds of these things, and you might want to know about them. If you know what to look for, you will know what you should slot in, and what you should avoid.
What kinds of Cyberware are there?
Some Cyberpunk 2077 Cyberware will affect your combat abilities. Others unlock new hacking attempts or abilities. You can choose and slot in whatever combination you like. It’s usually best to focus on having Cybrerware that fit with your build. Each slot on your body for Cyberware has a certain amount of capacity. You can equip the number of Cyberware equal to the number of slots you have.
In Cyberpunk 2077, there are three basic categories of cyberware: Active, Triggered, and Passive.
- Active – This type of cyberware must be activated by the player, usually be performing some action. For example, a cyberware targeting melee weapons like the Mantis Blades might only activate when that item is out.
- Triggered – This type of cyberware activates itself automatically certain conditions are met, like you breaking stealth.
- Passive – This type of cyberware starts working immediately and grants a minor passive buff overall.
It’s also important to note that each playthrough may not see all kinds of items in these categories, some could b hidden behind certain quests or other conditions. With that in mind, here are all the cyberware we know about so far:
Skeleton Systems (2 Slots)
- Titanium Bones – increases carrying capacity in inventory
- Bionic Lungs – increases stamina cap
- Synaptic Signal Optimiser – increases health cap
- Dense Marrow – increases stamina cost of melee attacks but increases base melee DPS
- Microvibration generator – increases base melee DPS
- Microrotors – increases attack speed overall
Hands Systems (1 Slot)
- Ballistic Coprocessor – increases the chance to ricochet shots with Power weapons
- Smart Link – Unlocks the auto-targeting Smart weapon feature.
- Subdermal Grip – Enables use of locked weapons with -50% damage reduction. Increases melee damage.
Arms Systems (1 Slot)
- Gorilla Arms – Gorilla arms open up the opportunity for a strong attack that deals huge mele damage and charges with use. Can even rip up fortifications and turrets.
- Mantis Blades – A lethal melee attack that is the best melee weapon in the game, can be used to cut through tough enemies.
- Monowire – You can charge this while out of combat. By unleashing charged shots, you gain bonus damage based on how much charge you have.
- Projectile Launch system – Your body is augmented with various projectiles that allow you to attack enemies with unique ranged and AoE attacks. You can use these to take out groups of foes with special charged attacks that deal extra damage or explode on impact.
Legs Systems (2 Slots)
- Reinforced tendons – can perform a basic double jump
- Fortified ankles – allows for a charged jump that can reach higher
Frontal Cortex Systems (3 Slots)
- RAM Upgrade – increases cyberdeck RAM recharge speed
- Limbic System Enhancement – increases crit chance
- Mechatronic core – increases damage to drones and other robots
- Memory boost – defeating an enemy instantly recovers Cyberdeck RAM
- Ex-Disk – increases your cyberdeck’s max RAM by three.
- Visual Cortex Support – increases crit damage
Ocular Systems (1 Slot)
- Kiroshi Optics MK I/II – the game’s first upgrade, allows for a scanner ability
Circulatory Systems (3 Slots)
- Tyrosine Injector – increases the breach time of the breach protocol
- Syn-Lungs – increases passive stamina regen
- Bioplastic Blood vessels – increases health regen outside of combat
- Biomonitor – instantly restores health when below a 15% threshold
- Blood Pump – increases health regen after a shorty delay
Immune Systems (2 Slots)
- Cataresist – increases all resistances by 8%
Nervous Systems (2 Slots)
- Synaptic Accelerator – slows time when you are broken out of stealth by detection
- Kerenzikov – allows you to aim and shoot while dodging. Slows time when blocking, aiming, or attacking during a slide or dodge.
- Reflex Tuner – allows you to slow time when near death
- Neofiber – increases dodge chance
Integumentary Systems (3 Slots)
- Subdermal armor – increases armor cap
How to get Cyberpunk 2077 Cyberware
When you increase your Street Cred, you will also unlock a variety of new options for both weapons and the mods from all vendors. When you’re doing tasks around the city, including Hustles, make sure to loot bodies as you can get some killer items. Some of these items might be implants, but the best ones will usually be bought instead. Make sure to make good use of your scanner to find hidden hacks as well. Some locked off areas have weapons and useful stuff hidden away.