CIG pushes Star Citizen 3.0 to PTU for all backers
With Christmas only a couple of days away, CIG will hopefully not have their staff working silly hours to monitor this. It’s a bit mad pushing this live over the holiday break but it’s CIG so anything is possible.
For the backers, follow these instructions to get Star Citizen 3.0 up and running on the PTU. Be aware that as the game is still in a very early Alpha state, crashes and performance issues are to be expected.
– Download the installer at https://install.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen-prerelease/RSI-Setup-1.0.0-ptu.31.exe .
– While this is installing, copy your account to PTU at https://robertsspaceindustries.com/account/copy/ptu.
– You will get your temporary PTU password delivered in email.
PLEASE NOTE: This process is subject to heavy load and may take an hour or more!
– New Default Controls Scheme: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/ptu-default-control-changes
– PTU Frequently Asked Questions: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/ptu-frequently-asked-questions
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.