Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has just unleashed the first full season of post-launch content in a new patch. Season One brings new free content to the game, with a focus on both altering the meta-game and keeping things fresh for experienced players. The patch brings all versions of the shooter video game up to version 1.10.
Just like any other patch though, there’s going to be more than just new content here, so let’s dig in and see what Infinity Ward has included in this early Christmas gift. Expect plenty of tweaks across the board to maps, guns and more. There’s even some brand new weapons coming in hot. This all builds on patch 1.09, which did much of the same, just on a smaller scale.
A handful of game modes have been shuffled around, and some have been given the boot. For example, Gun Game has now been moved to Private Matches. Night maps have been added to the Hardcore TDM, Search and Destroy, and Cyber Attack in patch 1.10 as well, offering some entirely new experiences.
Fixes and Balance
For bug fixes there’s a fair bit in this new patch. A couple of bugs involving camera glitches got patched. There were also a few major clipping bugs, mostly involving vehicles and map areas in certain circumstances. that needed to be fixed. Patch 1.10 rounds out fixes to the game by including some basic tweaks to menus so that settings save properly now.
The reportedly very OP M4 hasn’t been touched apparently. This leaves the rifle as a strong mid-range choice in many matches. Some weapons, perks and other elements did get adjusted though. For one, the turn-rate when aiming with a tank has been sped up. The .357 buckshot damage range was reduced as well as effective hip fire damage. A few killstreaks also got some attention, check below for the full details.
The update is a hefty 18 GB for PS4, 18.5 GB for Xbox One, and 20 GB for PC. So get downloading as it’s going to take a while.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season One Patch Notes
- Crash 24/7
- Port added to Ground War
- Added Rammaza and Gun Runner to TDM 20 and DOM 20
- Added night maps to Hardcore TDM, Search and Destroy, Cyber Attack
- Gun Game (available in Private Match)
- Shoot House 24/7
- 2v2 Gunfight Tournament
- Riot Shield:
- Tuning to how the Riot Shield protects against grenades when thrown at the players’ feet
- Reduced explosive damage within certain ranges
- Fixed a bug where the final killcam would appear under the map when a player got stuck by Thermite or Semtex on the lower part of the body
- Fixed an issue where players stuck inside the Infantry Assault Vehicle would not take damage from Thermite
- Fix for a bug where attempting to scroll to the bottom of the Recent Players list could cause the list to read “No Recent Players” and return to the top
- Gunfight (private match): Fixes ‘Win by Two’ setting to end the game properly once the conditions have been met
Missions and Challenges:
The following are now fixed and have had their descriptions updated as needed
- “Close and Personal”
- “Perks of the Job”
- “Bloodthirsty Killer”
- “Destroy Ground Killstreaks” – All player-driven vehicles will count towards this launcher camo challenge
- “Get 50 kills while an enemy UAV is active” – description updated to reflect that the Ghost perk needs to be equipped in order to complete
- Combat Knife challenge descriptions updated
- .357 camo challenge
- Various updates to other camo challenges
- Fix for Officer Challenge completion notifications not appearing on screen
- Improved effectiveness of FMJ on Killstreaks
- Fix for the Cluster Strike dealing damage inconsistently when targeting a VTOL jet
- .357: Buckshot: reduced damage range, reduced effective hip fire damage. Tuned spread adjustments from barrel attachments
- Menu damage stat bar adjustments for miscellaneous LMGs
- Fixed a bug where the informant can be dropped in bad positions/near enemy soldiers in Operation Harbinger
- Added a checkpoint after the third hack on Operation Brimstone
- Fix for a bug where players could become stuck after going into last stand while breaching the trains on Operation Brimstone
- Enemies in white trucks now exit their vehicles
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
- Leaderboards will no longer display complete gamertags. This should help higher profile leaderboards users from receiving too many invites
- Fixed an issue where players would not be able to mantle while strafing with keyboard and mouse
- Increased the turn-rate when aiming with a tank
- Adjusted the camera orbit turn-rate while driving a vehicle using keyboard and mouse
- The keybind “Vehicle Camera Recenter” is now linked to Melee by default (default on E / Mouse 4) and the re-centering of the camera has been improved
- Improvements for the camera transitions with Free Camera and Aerial Camera
- Added a Killstreak view option when using the Portrait List
- Added arrows under the players when using the Aerial Camera view
- Added a skull icon on the Minimap where players die
Fixed an issue that forced shaders to be fully re-compiled after each title update. Shader installation should be expected mainly for new content, drivers update or changing the video card. New optimizations or bugfix that require modifying the shaders can also trigger part or the totality of the shaders to be re-compiled.