Borderlands 3 release date announced
Borderlands 3 was unveiled during PAX East last week. There was a ton of excitement around the game even before this reveal though, as a lot of people love the Borderlands franchise.
There is a bit of a wrinkle though, as the PC version will be exclusive to the Epic Store – the budding rival to Steam. Publisher 2K revealed today that Borderlands 3 will launch September 13 worldwide on PS4, Xbox One. PC users will only have the choice to buy it via the Epic Games Store for the first six months of launch, and then the game will also drop on Steam in April 2020.
Along with this confirmation, Gearbox has also dropped an announcement trailer to confirm the release date and reveal some new characters. The company also dropped all of the details and artwork for the various pre-orders and collector’s editions of the game. Check out those details below.
Borderlands 3 Standard Edition – $59.99 USD
The Borderlands 3 Standard Edition includes the base game.
- Pre-order bonus: Gold weapon skins & weapon trinket
Borderlands 3 Deluxe Edition – $79.99 USDThe Borderlands 3 Deluxe Edition includes the base game, as well as bonus digital content:
- Retro Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter head & skin, Echo Device skin, weapon skin;
- Neon Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter head & skin, Echo Device skin, weapon trinket;
- Gearbox Cosmetic Pack: weapon skin, weapon trinket;
- Toy Box Weapon Pack: 2 Toy guns, Toy grenade mod, weapon trinket;
- XP & Loot Drop Boost Mods;
- Pre-order bonus: Gold weapon skins & weapon trinket.
Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition – $99.99 USD The Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition includes all the bonus digital content and pre-order bonus of the Deluxe Edition PLUS the Borderlands 3 Season Pass, which includes:
- Four (4) campaign DLC packs featuring new stories, missions, and challenges;
- Butt Stallion weapon skin, weapon trinket, and grenade mod.
Borderlands 3 Diamond Loot Chest Collector’s Edition – $249.99 USD Celebrate the return of the original shooter-looter with the Diamond Loot Chest Collector’s Edition, a swag-splosion of collectibles digistructed straight from the worlds of Borderlands 3 – available at GameStop.
This edition includes the full game, season pass, and all bonus digital content and pre-order bonus of the Super Deluxe Edition, plus:
- Diamond Loot Chest Replica: Featuring a functional retractable lid, this chest is perfect for storing your real-world loot;
- Borderlands 3 character figurines (x10): Make room on your shelf for the whole crew, including the four new Vault Hunters, the fanatical Calypso Twins, and some of your favorite characters from the Borderlands universe! (Approximately 3” tall.);
- Sanctuary 3 snap model: Construct your very own Sanctuary 3 model ship and display it proudly on its included stand;
- Vault Key keychains (x4): Because you never know when you might stumble across an unopened Vault;
- Cloth galaxy map: Discover new worlds beyond Pandora with Typhon DeLeon’s map of the Borderlands;
- Character art lithographs (x5): Unique character prints starring the new Vault Hunters and fanatical Calypso Twins;
- Borderlands 3 Steelbook case: A gorgeous metal case for any collector’s shelf.
Borderlands 3 arrives on Xbox One, PS4, and PC on September 13, 2019.
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.