Borderlands 3 is beginning a new series of events in the shooter today. There are rare spawns all over the map, starting today. Borderlands 3 fans should go out and hunt them down for a chance at some rare loot. Dubbed Farming Frenzy, the intent is pretty clear. This new in-game event joins the Heist DLC, Mad Moxxi’s Heist of the Handsome Jackpot. Players should now have much more fun shooting enemies and collecting rare weapons and gear.
The Takedown at Maliwan Blacksite mission is also getting some attention. As part of the ongoing event, players can expect every boss in the game to have boosted drop rate, and that includes the Takedown. And going back to The Takedown at Maliwan Blacksite mission, it should now scale properly to party size. The more players in your group, the tougher the enemies get. It should now be more of a challenge for larger groups of players.
The new in-game event kicks off today, starting at 9 AM PST. The event itself will then run until January 30th. Both Frenzy Farming and Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite will run during this time. Also, Gearbox has just dropped the details for a new patch coming to the game.
You can find the full patch notes for this new update below, it should go live at the same time as the new content. Within the latest patch for Borderlands 3 comes a variety of fixes and adjustments. There are a handful of fixes for some UI issues, like itemcards not displaying correctly. The patch also tweaks some weapon and ability damage of certain enemies.
Players will also find that a bunch of Vault Hunters have been tweaked too. Fl4k, Zane and Moze all got some minor tweaks to damage numbers of certain bonuses. Each one now deals a bit more damage in combat when dealing certain damage types. Players should find this helpful when dealing with all of the rare spawns in Farming Frenzy.
- Addressed a reported concern with itemcard and hotfix sometimes not showing information correctly
- Addressed a reported concern that Judge Hightower was sometimes not dropping items from his dedicated item pool
- Adjusted the balance of Fabrikator, Freddie, ST4NL3Y, Constructor, Tony Bordel, Tricksy Nick, and Third Rail to provide a greater challenge
Developer note – We noticed that the bosses in the Handsome Jackpot weren’t providing players with a satisfying challenge. We’ll be monitoring these bosses and make adjustments as needed in the future.
- The Ion Cannon now has a 5 second reload and consumes at least 6 ammo per shot
The Ion Cannon is a strong weapon and we don’t want to change that, but it’s a little over performing. We’ve increased the reload time and made it consume more ammo but left its damage unchanged to still provide a strong burst of damage.
- Added collisions to prevent the Gunner from sometimes becoming stuck in Meridian Mercantile
- Added collisions to prevent players from sometimes escaping the map in various locations
- Increased the radius of the New-U station at The Arrogant Approach
Vault Hunter Changes
In looking at the bonuses from Anointments, we felt that some were not providing enough of a bonus. We’ve increased the bonuses on the Anointments below.
Moze the Gunner
- While Auto Bear is active, deals 75 percent (from 20 percent) bonus incendiary damage
- After exiting Iron Bear, the next 2 magazines will have 125 percent (from 40 percent) bonus incendiary damage
- After exiting Iron Bear, gain 160 percent (from 120 percent) increased Splash damage for 18 seconds
- When entering and exiting Iron Bear, nova damage increased
Zane the Operative
- While Barrier is active, Accuracy is increased by 60 percent, and Critical Hit damage is increased by 70 percent (from 30 percent)
- While SNTL is active, gain 100 percent (from 50 percent) of damage as bonus Cryo damage
FL4K the Beastmaster
- When exiting Fade Away, nova damage increased
- After using Rakk Attack!, gain 50 percent (from 25 percent) critical hit damage for a short time