Pearl Abyss and Kakao have just revealed some new details about the new character class coming to Black Desert Online. The new class, branded the Guardian may not be very historically realistic, as if anything in Black Desert Online is, but she packs quite the mean punch. Adding to the new skill system, Succession Skills, in the game, BDO is about to get a lot more fierce. This Viking-esque warrior of legend has plenty of bit to go along with the bark. Guardian’s character description reads:
“The Guardian is a female combatant from the mountains who follows the will of the ancient dragon Omua. This hardened warrior must wade through the turmoil of her fragmented memories and willingly made a pact with the Black Spirit in search of Ynix, the holy flame that could kill even the gods… “
She’s a powerful new addition to the already varied and diverse character class roster in BDO. And just like all of the other classes in Black Desert Online, the Guardian offers a suite of destructive combat abilities. And just like anything else in this MMO, the character model looks incredibly detailed and stylized.
Going back to the abilities, here’s a rundown courtesy of Pearl Abyss.
- Boulder Crush – The Guardian deals three heavy blows, smashing her axe into the ground and exploding enemies around her.
- Mountain Slam – The Guardian uses this AoE ability to send destructive tremors through the ground.
- Black Blood Circle – A DoT ability that affects enemies in a radius around the Guardian.
- Mutilation – A charge ability that unleashes a temporary stun upon the Guardian’s enemies.
- Black Blood Slaughter – The Guardian releases the charged energy from Mutilation with a powerful blast that deals a high amount of damage.
The Guardian will be playable on January 22nd with pre-registration starting on December 24th.
If you would like to see some more footage of the Guardian, there was another snippet released this month showing the character creation process for the new class. You can find that below.