Sometimes, ghost-hunting can get a little stale. Once you learn the patterns of each ghost, it becomes a lot easier to dodge them and complete an investigation in Phasmophobia. The game has become a little too predictable at this point. With Phasmophobia’s Cursed Possessions update, that’s all changed.
There are a collection of five new items, and one older one, that have been classified as this new type. The cursed possessions in Phasmophobia are useful just like many other items you find in the van or on the map. When you begin a contract you will have to hunt around for the item. The six items can spawn in different areas each game, and have their own unique effects. You need to plan and coordinate with your team if you want to use them effectively.
One of the most important things to remember with these things is timing. Using the Summoning Circle at the wrong time can screw you over later.
These are all of the cursed possessions and what they do in Phasmophobia.
- Haunted mirror: The haunted mirror allows you to peer through the ghostly veil and find out where the ghost’s room is located in the house. This will help with targeting ghosts and speeding up investigations.
- Music box: The music box plays musical melodies, these can help you track the ghost. Any nearby spirit will repeat the sounds when played.
- Ouija Board: The Ouija Board has been a big part of the game since launch, and this change adds a few extra steps to communing with ghosts.
- Summoning Circle: The summoning circle brings the ghost to a certain spot and locks them down for a short time. When you need to get a clutch bit of evidence for an investigation, use this.
- Tarot Cards: The Tarot Deck contains 10 unique cards, each card has a certain affect that can affect the match.
- Tortured Voodoo doll: You can use the tortured voodoo doll to force the ghost to react, pushing it to anger.
By triggering each of these effects, you drain your own Sanity. And yes, there will be more active ghosts as well. This update has changed the way spirits react to player provocations, so expect to have to learn new ghostly behavior.