Anthem has it’s share of issues, no one can really deny that. Bioware and EA certainly made some pretty major missteps with the development of their new looter-shooter, but they’re slowly working toward a solution to the many issues plaguing Anthem.
The biggest problems remain of course, what with loot still being a constant issue. But those kinds of design problems aren’t something to be easily repaired, especially for a game that went through as troubled and directionless a development run as Anthem did. Problems with design and gameplay aside, Bioware is still obviously committed to making the best game they can, and this patch is part of that strategy.
This most recent update to the game is entirely a bug fix update, focusing on fixing some features and content added in the fairly massive, especially by comparison, 1.04 patch for the shooter game. There’s some tweaks to DLSS in the game, reducing the likelihood of other issues, some Nvidia software compatibility also got tweaked for similar reasons.
Other issues and bugs that got addressed included problems with multiple quests and in-game assets, as well as some adjustments to bugged loot drops in some areas.
Check out the rather short patch notes for this bug fix update down below.
Anthem Patch 1.0.4.02 Release Notes
- Fixed an issue that was causing loot to drop for javelins other than the one being used.
- Addressed a number of issues that could occasionally cause Nvidia highlights to crash.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Elysian Cache items to not appear until completing another activity or restarting the game.
- The newsfeed will now properly show content again upon launching into the game.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Ursix and Titans to not spawn as frequently in Freeplay.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the screen to shake when enabling DLSS and turning off motion blur.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause players not to be able to interact with Owen, or hear his audio at the end of the Legendary version of the mission “Finding Old Friends”.
- Titans, Ursix, Luminaries and Fury enemies should no longer disappear when another player starts an Event in Freeplay.