Animal Crossing New Horizons 1.5.0 is here, bringing with it 14 new DIY Recipes themed around pumpkins. Players can deck their characters out with costumes and facepaint as well. There’s a new NPC called Jack that leads the festivities as well, be sure to say hi to him.
Another notable change in Animal Crossing New Horizons 1.5.0 is that various hacked items have now been removed from the game again. Hackers were able to alter the game files to toggle certain items as usable by the player, even when they shouldn’t be. This was abused by players to spawn in items like fences from Harv’s island, which had their own unique theme. These items will no longer spawn on player islands and have been removed from save files.
The reason for this is simple. Even though these items weren’t useful for cheating or flouting game progress, they were often sold online for real money. Nintendo for various reasons both legal and otherwise, could not allow this to continue. So go ahead and water those new pumpkins with your tears of mourning over lost items.
In typical Nintendo fashion, things are surprisingly terse when it comes to patch notes for Animal Crossing New Horizons 1.5.0. You can find the patch notes, such as they are, down below.
Animal Crossing New Horizons 1.5.0 Patch Notes
- A new seasonal event, Halloween, has been added.
- Pumpkins (produce item) and DIY projects that use pumpkins have been added.
- Added new features for visiting dream islands with Luna: the ability to choose your destination from a list of previously visited dream islands and the ability to favorite previously visited dream islands.
- It is now possible to hide items that are not for sale by pressing the Y Button when viewing the catalog via Nook Shopping.
- Other adjustments were made to improve the gameplay experience.