Animal Crossing New Horizons 1.1 is out, bringing with it some major changes and bug fixes to the popular new Switch game. With this patch, players can expect a few minor and some major differences in the game as features expand and issues are dealt with. A new themed special event has been added to the game, and will go live in April, bringing some Easter fun to your islands.
If you’re a new player to ACNH, check out some of our other guides for helpful tips:
- How to get a Shovel
- How to save your game
- How to upgrade the shop
- How to get Iron Nuggets and Clay
- How to make Bells fast
Nintendo is also releasing some in-game goodies for this patch. Those who download the update will now be able to claim various cosmetic rewards that they can use in their towns. For example, players can now take possession of an in-game Switch with red and blue Joy-cons. And as an added bonus for those hardcore fans, those that bought the Animal Crossing New Horizons-themed Switch console can claim a look-a-like in the game too. The in-game stores are also being updated with some new purchasable items, like a Nook Inc. rug for your homes.
As for other changes to the game, the NookLink service available through the Nintendo Switch Online smartphone app has been expanded. QR codes and chat support have now been added to the game with this patch.
Nintendo Japan Twitter account has shared the official Patch 1.1 notes. Check it out below.
- The patch contains the game’s first special event, Easter (4/1-4/12). Time travelers whose system is set to those dates will NOT be allowed to experience those events until it is actually that time IRL. An Internet connection will be required to check the real date when the event first starts on 4/1, after which the event can be enjoyed with no Internet connection. Also worth noting that the user playing must have a connected Nintendo account when this check is performed.
- Players can use the Nintendo Switch Online app features (QR codes, chat, etc.) beginning 3/20 1pm JST. You can also now visit other players’ islands.
- Players who install the update will receive a Nintendo Switch furniture item. If you’re using the AC special edition Joy-Cons, it will look like your special system!
- Nintendo Switch Online members will receive a bonus rug that can be obtained with Nook Miles.
- Pocket Camp players can obtain certain PC items via the machine in Resident Services. Details on how exactly to do this will be provided later.