AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 19.4.2 adds better support for World War Z and Anno 1800
AMD has dropped the latest version of it’s generic display driver for it’s various GPU SKUs. the new 19.4.2 version of the Adrenalin software line focuses on improving performance for a handful of newer games, as is the tradition with these minor versions of GPU drivers.
In terms of new features, there’s not much to sink your teeth into. The only thing that’s really changed is the introduction of performance optimizations for two newly launched titles, Anno 1800 and World War Z. It’s been reported by various sources that DirectX12 performs a lot better than DX 11 in both titles, although the latter of these two is currently suffering from some weird stuttering issues, so keep that in mind.
There are still some minor issues, mostly flickering related, with this iteration of the drivers though. Thankfully this is related to very specific instances of software and hardware conflicts or bugs. These flicker issues and HDR problems probably won’t be fixed for a couple of version updates, if at all, which kind of sucks.
If you want to grab these new drivers, head over to the AMD site and grab them. Although it’s always recommended to grab the latest drivers from the manufacturer website if you’re using a third-party model. It’s also a great practice to wipe the old display driver using DDU and do a clean install when updating drivers.
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.4.2 Driver Release Notes
- World War Z™
- Up to 24% greater performance with AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.4.2, on a Radeon™ VII in World War Z. RS-293
- Up to 19% greater performance with AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.4.2, on a Radeon™ RX Vega 64 in World War Z. RS-292
- Anno 1800™
- AMD Radeon VII may experience screen flicker in multi display setups on desktop or while applications are running.
- Netflix™ Windows® Store application may experience display flicker during video playback on some HDR enabled displays.
- Performance metrics overlay and Radeon WattMan gauges may experience inaccurate fluctuating readings on AMD Radeon VII.
- Performance metrics overlay may experience intermittent flicker when playing back protected content with this feature enabled.
- System instability may be experienced on ASUS TUF Gaming FX504 laptop when a wireless display is connected.
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.