Welcome contenders and capsuleers alike! The Amarr Championships are upon us. To help guide you through one of the most sacred events to the Amarr Empire, here are some details on the upcoming schedule and rules.
Schedule of Sanctity
The initial two rounds of the Amarr Championship will take place on the 8th, 14th and 15th of November. Note that this is a change from the previously advertised dates, in that the matches on the 7th of November have been rescheduled for the 8th. Times that matches will begin are below.
2015-11-08: 13:00 UTC, 18 matches total – House Single Elimination
2015-11-14: 15:00 UTC, 9 matches total – Inter-house Round-Robin
2015-11-15: 15:00 UTC, 6 matches total – Inter-house Round-Robin
The match schedule for the 8th of November is below:
|Match #||Time||House||Team 1||Team 2|
|Match 1||13:00||Ardishapur||Rodj Blake||Laerise|
|Match 2||13:20||Ardishapur||Venix||SoulLess Zealot|
|Match 3||13:40||Kador||Max Singularity||Fafer|
|Match 4||14:00||Kador||Joshua Mistweaver||Ithica Hawk|
|Match 5||14:20||Khanid||Tyrrax Thorrk||edeity|
|Match 6||14:40||Khanid||Soldarius||Damassys Kadesh|
|Match 7||15:00||Kor-Azor||Aldrith Shutaq||Lysus|
|Match 8||15:20||Kor-Azor||Uriel Paradisi||Morgaine Mighthammer|
|Match 9||15:40||Sarum||Elise Randolph||Smitty Uitra|
|Match 10||16:20||Sarum||Mitara Newelle||Flyinghotpocket|
|Match 11||16:40||Tash-Murkon||Chessur||Kelon Darklight|
|Match 12||17:00||Tash-Murkon||Raphael Saint||Rachea|
|Match 13||17:20||Ardishapur||Winner of Match 1||Winner of Match 2|
|Match 14||17:40||Kador||Winner of Match 3||Winner of Match 4|
|Match 15||18:00||Khanid||Winner of Match 5||Winner of Match 6|
|Match 16||18:20||Kor-Azor||Winner of Match 7||Winner of Match 8|
|Match 17||18:40||Sarum||Winner of Match 9||Winner of Match 10|
|Match 18||19:00||Tash-Murkon||Winner of Match 11||Winner of Match 12|
The schedule placement for teams on the 14th and 15th of November will be announced next week once competing teams have been determined. Match Schedule for those days is as follows:
|Match #||Time||Match #||Time|
|Match 19||15:00||Match 28||15:00|
|Match 20||15:20||Match 29||15:20|
|Match 21||15:40||Match 30||15:40|
|Match 22||16:20||Match 31||16:20|
|Match 23||16:40||Match 32||16:40|
|Match 24||17:00||Match 33||17:00|
All matches in the Amarr Championships will be streamed live on CCP’s twitch channel. Make sure you watch to see who will make it to the final weekend at Fanfest to decide who the next Emperor of the Amarr Empire will be.
Support your House
To help all those loyal followers of various royal houses, we’ve made a bit of a starter kit to help you create the best propaganda possible. You can find all the great stuff here. Included are a bunch of vector files for the logos of the houses and the championships. Make sure you share your creations with us!
Alternatively, if you’re looking for some pre-made stuff, we’ve got you covered! Splash a banner on your website, or give your wallpaper a victorious make over. Send us a picture with your battlestation showing your loyalties!
- Ardishapur – 1200×1200 – 1200×627
- Kador – 1200×1200 – 1200×627
- Khanid – 1200×1200 – 1200×627
- Kor-Azor – 1200×1200 – 1200×627
- Sarum – 1200×1200 – 1200×627
- Tash-Murkon – 1200×1200 – 1200×627
Wallpapers: (also available as png files – just change the extension)
- Ardishapur – 1920×1080 – 1920×1200 – 2560×1440
- Kador – 1920×1080 – 1920×1200 – 2560×1440
- Khanid – 1920×1080 – 1920×1200 – 2560×1440
- Kor-Azor – 1920×1080 – 1920×1200 – 2560×1440
- Sarum – 1920×1080 – 1920×1200 – 2560×1440
- Tash-Murkon – 1920×1080 – 1920×1200 – 2560×1440
The Ruler Decrees
The rules listed below are shared across the entirety of the Amarr Championship. There will also be additional special rules that will apply for matches or sets of matches during Championship. The additional special rules will be made public at the following times:
- Special Rules for the matches taking place on Sunday, November 8th will be announced on Friday, November 6th
- Special Rules for the matches taking place on November 14th and 15th will be announced on Friday, November 13th
- Special Rules for the Championship finals at Fanfest 2016 will be provided to the final teams simultaneously in person at the CCP offices after they have arrived in Iceland for Fanfest.
Respect for the Holy Traditions of the Empire
This Championship has been called by the Imperial Succession Committee, comprised of the Theology Council and the Privy Council, in accordance with the traditional Rituals of Succession. It shall be conducted in a manner which brings glory to God and the Amarr Empire.
The Capsuleer Emissary to the Court Chamberlain (tournament referee) shall have all authority to ensure that this Championship is conducted in an honorable and godly fashion. The Emissary may levy any penalties deemed necessary to any champions or retainers that are found to be acting against the spirit of this competition.
All ships flown during the matches of this Championship must originate within the Amarr Empire and/or Khanid Kingdom. Ships that require any racial ship skill other than Amarr skills are not eligible to be flown in this Championship.
All the Champions and Retainers involved in this Championship have been selected by the respective Heirs of the Houses they represent. The Emissary and the Heirs reserve the right to eject any Champions or Retainers whose actions reflect poorly on their Houses or the Empire.
Pilots are forbidden from flying the colors of heretics during matches in this Championship. As such, ship SKINs connected to the following factions must not be displayed at any point during the Championship:
- Blood Raiders (also known as Sani Sabik)
- Equilibrium of Mankind
If SKINs connected to either of these heretical groups are used at any point during the Championship, penalties will be levied against the pilot and their team at the discretion of the Emissary. Potential penalties for flying heretical colors include, but are not limited to:
- Destruction of the offending ship
- Forfeiture of the match
- Team disqualification from the Championship
This tournament is intended to showcase the talents and valor of pilots and should be both entertaining to viewers and honorable in the eyes of God. If any team is determined to be acting in a dishonorable fashion, the Emissary (tournament referee) is empowered to destroy ships at her discretion. This penalty will be levied against any team that appears to be acting in collusion with another team, or if a team acts in a cowardly manner by attempting to evade combat until time runs out.
Teams consist of 4 pilots.
Fights are limited to 10 minutes. If a fight reaches time, it will be stopped and whichever team has more surviving ships will be declared winner. See “Victory Conditions”, below.
Intentional pod killing is NOT allowed and may result in the offender being punished. All podkills will be reimbursed.
The match simulation is taken as is. Teams are advised to spend the pre warp-in time to verify that their ships are completely operational.
The Referee has final say in all matches and in any disputes.
A player found breaking any rules can be penalized to various degrees, depending on the severity of the offence. All penalties are incurred at the discretion the Tournament Referee. Decisions are final. Penalties may be levied against a player or team and may include, but are not limited to:
- Reducing the offending ship(s) shield / armor / hull / capacitor to any level, up to and including complete ship destruction
- Involuntary moving of the offending ship(s)
- Removal from the fight
- Ban from competing for one or more matches
- Ban from competing for the remainder of the Championship, and/or any future tournaments
- The referees can call a match null and void or declare a result if they believe that one of the teams is not competing. This tournament is intended to showcase the talents and valor of pilots and should be both entertaining to viewers and honorable in the eyes of God.
This Championship is made up of three phases, each with a different structure:
- In Phase One (taking place on November 8th) each house will conduct a separate single elimination tournament to determine which of the four shortlist teams will officially represent them.
- In Phase Two (taking place on November 14th and 15th) the teams representing each house will engage in a round robin tournament to determine which two houses will compete in the finals. In this round robin phase, the two finalists will be determined through the following methods, following one after the other in the case of ties:
- Win/loss record
- Head to head matchups
- Ship kill/loss differential over the entire round robin phase
- Average time to first kill by each team over the entire round robin phase
- In Phase Three, the two final teams will be flown to Fanfest 2016, where they will compete in a series of matches on stage during the event.
Place & Tactics
Captains must be online and available one hour prior to the match. If required, bans will be made at 45 minutes before their match starts. Further details on bans can be found in the special rules for any match or round that includes banning.
Participants should be prepared, in their chosen ships, and in a fleet 20 minutes before their scheduled fight time. Teams will be brought by a GM to a solar system in uncharted space and designated as team 1 and team 2. If you are not ready within this time allocation you will be disqualified from this match and the opposing team will be given an automatic win.
There are eight beacons in the system which serve as start off points. Four beacons are marked for Team 1 and four marked for Team 2. Teams will be moved to the beacon of their captain’s choosing. Once the teams are in system, all instructions will be given by the referee in local chat. You must keep an eye on that channel at all times once in system.
Once word is given, teams warp in to the arena beacon specified, at a range of their choosing, up to a maximum of 50 km. Team members are allowed to warp in at different ranges.
The arena will measure 125 km radius around the central beacon.
The arena contains nine Mobile Micro Jump Unit structures, one placed in the center and eight placed 87km away from the center in the direction of each of the eight team beacons. These outer structures form a cube around the center of the arena with sides approximately 100km in length. These Mobile Micro Jump Units are indestructible and usable by all.
The host will begin a countdown. When the countdown ends, the host will break target locks of all ships in the arena.
If a player warps out/leaves the arena, his/her ship will be destroyed. This includes disconnection emergency warps. This rule is in effect before and during the match.
Warping within the arena is NOT allowed.
Boarding a ship during the match is NOT allowed.
Dropping cargo containers, anchorable items or mobile structures is NOT allowed. Dropping regular jettison containers is allowed.
The following restrictions are in place after teams warp to the arena beacon, until the match begins:
- Locking players before the match starts is NOT allowed.
- Activating aggressive or targeted modules before the match starts is NOT allowed.
- Launching drones before the match starts is NOT allowed.
- Moving before the match starts is NOT allowed.
- Beginning the activation cycle of a Micro Jump Drive or Mobile Micro Jump Unit before the match starts is NOT allowed.
The details of Ship restrictions will be provided in the special rules for each match or round.
No special rules will ever allow pilots to fly any non-Amarr ships.
No special rules will ever allow pilots to fly Capital Ships, Marauders, Black Ops or Tech 2 Industrial Ships.
No special rules will ever allow pilots to fly “unique” limited issue ships such as the Malice or Armageddon Imperial Issue.
No special rules will ever force a team to include a command ship (although teams may find themselves at a disadvantage in some rounds if they do not have the ability to field command ships). No special rules will ever allow more than two pilots on a team to simultaneously fly command ships in any match.
All T1 and T2 modules are allowed, with the following exceptions:
- All Remote Armor Repair modules and Remote Shield Transfer modules are NOT allowed, EXCEPT on ONE of: a Logistics Ship, a Tech 1 Support Cruiser, or a Tech 1 Support Frigate.
- Remote repair and shield transfer modules may NOT be fit to Strategic Cruisers
- Remote Energy Transfer modules are NOT allowed.
- The Ancillary Shield Boost module will be restricted to a maximum of one per ship
- The Bastion Module is NOT allowed.
- Polarized weapons are allowed.
Faction, COSMOS, deadspace and officer modules are NOT allowed.
T1 Rigs are allowed. T2 Rigs are NOT allowed.
All T1 and T2 ammunition, missiles and charges are allowed, with the following exception:
- Remote Sensor Dampener and Tracking Disruptor Scripts are NOT allowed.
Faction ammunition, missiles and capacitor boosters are allowed.
Only standard T1 (tech one) combat drones and sentry drones are allowed. This means that T2, faction, augmented and integrated combat/sentry drones are NOT allowed. The Gecko is NOT allowed.
All logistics and electronic warfare drones are allowed.
Attribute Enhancers that give bonuses to anything other than perception, intelligence, willpower, memory, and charisma are NOT allowed.
Genolution “CA-” implants are NOT allowed.
With the exception of Leadership Mindlinks, ONLY Hardwirings that have a name ending in “1”, “2” or “3” are allowed.
All Leadership Mindlinks (including navy mindlinks) are allowed.
Boosters (drugs) are NOT allowed.
Cloaking is NOT allowed.
Cap Boosters are allowed.
Micro-jump drives are allowed.
Target Spectrum Breakers are NOT allowed.
During a match, a team scores 25 points for each enemy ship it kills. All ships in the tournament have an identical point value. The team that has scored the most points at the conclusion of the match, or that destroys the entire opposing team, is the winner.
If a team chooses to field less than the maximum allowed points for any given match, non-fielded points count towards the opponent’s score.
If a fight is tied after 10 minutes, a 5 minute overtime period will begin.
During the overtime period, if the Emissary determines that the match has been delayed by one team acting in a cowardly fashion she may eliminate the offending team at her discretion using the might of the Imperial Navy.
In the very unlikely case that a fight is tied after 15 minutes, the victory will be awarded to the team that had more collective potential team DPS at the beginning of the match, as measured by the tournament automated “attack bar”.
Ships and Bans
Some matches and/or rounds of the tournament may involve banning of ships. The specific rules for banning in each match will be provided in the special rules for that match or round if necessary.
We look forward to see both capsuleer, contender and champion at the event. If you haven’t seen who is competing yet, you can find the complete list of contenders and their retainers here. Otherwise, if you have further questions, you can get in contact with myself via support ticket or by posting on the Alliance Tournament forums.
And remember: the best ship, is Emperorship.
-CCP Logibro, on behalf of the tournament team