With the announcement of July’s Community Day featuring Gastly, fans of Pokémon Go are getting excited. Pokémon Go Fest 2020 is just around the corner too. And since Niantic has opted for a digital event this year, things will be a bit different since you should likely stay home for this one. This new event will be broken down into stages, with each one having players who opt-in completing various goals for special rewards.
There are three main stages in the Pokémon Go Fest 2020 rotation, with an Elite series acting as the forth with a higher tier of rewards. The Pokémon Go Fest 2020 virtual event set to happen on July 25 and 26. There will be a mix of challenges across both days. Trainers have a chance to undertake a ton of quests, each with multiple steps. Completing each step rewards a certain bonus, completing all three unlocks another layer of awards.
First, let’s run through the team-based rewards that players can unlock. Each of these reward Pokémon is rewards if 1 million players from that team contribute to the event, and complete the events listed below. So if you’re into the idea of getting these Pokémon, prepare ahead of time and be ready to complete each stage of the event. Note that you only have to complete the first three Stages to count towards the total for team rewards.
- Instinct: Chimecho
- Mystic: Alomomola
- Valor: Chansey
And here are the four total Stages of Pokémon Go Fest 2020, including the final Elite series. Each is broken down into steps. The rewards listed for each one are in order, with the first step given the first reward and so on. You can earn Balls, Gifts, Star Pieces and so much more. Here is the full breakdown:
- Catch 20 Pokemon – 100 Stardust
- Make 5 Nice Throws – 10 Poke Balls
- Use 5 Berries to help catch Pokemon – 5 Pinap Berries
- Stage Rewards – 100 EXP, 1 Golden Razz Berry, 10 Great Balls
- Catch 30 Pokemon – 300 Stardust
- Make 10 Great Throws – 10 Great Balls
- Transfer 20 Pokemon – 20 Pokeballs
- Stage Rewards – Ducklett, 300 XP, 1 Silver Pinap Berry
- Catch 50 Pokemon – 1000 Stardust
- Make an Excellent throw – 10 Ultra Balls
- Catch 15 different species of Pokemon – 20 Great Balls
- Stage Rewards – Flying Pikachu (can be shiny), 1 Rare Candy, 1 Star Piece
- Catch 100 Pokemon: 5 Pokeballs
- Catch 25 different species of Pokemon: 5 Great Balls
- Make 50 Excellent throws: 5 Ultra Balls
- Stage Rewards – 500 XP, 500 Stardust, 5 Razz Berries.
There are also plans for Boosted Spawns of certain Pokemon. With multiple generations represented, spawns like Pidove, Wingull, Skarmory and more are getting boosted. Eggs for certain Pokemon are also more reliably hatched. Zubat, Pidgey, and even the Kanto starters have all had Eggs boosted. And as a special bonus, the Kanto starters have unique party hats when hatched during the event.
There are also a slew of Research challenges. Sending Gifts, winning Raids, hatching Eggs and much more are included in the possible goals. Each goal completed has its own unlocks and rewards, players can complete any that they wish. There will also be capture goals for certain Types, like Grass or Flying.