The Fasnacht Day event in Fallout 76 is back again. The event will run now until June 9. The game has been having some issues with stability over the last bit, so Bethesda made an interesting call. Developer Bethesda has made the call to allow the event to run for a bit longer than planned. Players can take part in this event to earn various cosmetic rewards and other goodies. Among these rewards is a big collection of festive Fasnacht Day masks.
Getting these rewards entails defending an hourly parade and helping various robot NPCs complete tasks and also stay alive. Players will want to figure out the tasks they need to complete ahead of time. You will have a very limited time to complete these tasks once the event properly begins.
Where to Find the Robots
There are five Protectrons needed for the parade, out of seven scattered in buildings around Helvetia:
- Merry Woodsman stands around the church and requires 50 units of wood to build his goal
- Jubilant Decorator is in the large red barn in the center of town and needs help decorating. You need to hang 4 decorations for this one to move.
- Joyous Musician can be found at the stage opposite of Freyja’s Haus and you just need to play an instrument on-stage.
- Convival Librarian is found at the museum and needs you to bring them 10 porcelain steins before moving.
- Gleeful Butcher needs 12 intestines to stock its ice box. Just kill critters to get them.
- Happy Candlemaker is inside the post office and you should bring them 10 beeswax from inside the Honey Haus.
- Cheerful Beekeper is inside the Honey Haus and wants you to clear out the Honey Beasts around the hives.
- Jolly Baker is inside Freyja’s Haus restaurant and will ask for 20 eggs for the pantry, found by the stream.
The best way to get the masks is to have a certain number of robot NPCs survive the attacks during the parade. You have to defend these robots from various enemies, and it’s best to work with other players to get ready, as this isn’t an easy task. In fact, all the event rewards from the Fasnacht Day masks onward rely on this same metric. Basically, the better you do defending the robots, the better your rewards.
- Two robots making it through the run, there will be a 50% chance that one of the five drops will be common. There’s no chance for higher rarity drops with two surviving robots.
- Three or four robots making it through the run will net you a 50% chance that there will be a common or uncommon mask dropping out of ten total options. No Rare mask drops at this tier either.
- Five robots making it through the mission will result in a 23% chance for a common drop, and a 70% uncommon drop chance. The Rare masks can drop at a 5% chance.
These are all of the Fasnacht Day masks available for you to earn during the event. We also included the spawn rarity for them.
- Fasnacht Skull Mask (uncommon)
- Fasnacht Goblin Mask (uncommon)
- Fasnacht Giant Mask (common)
- Fasnacht Jester Mask (uncommon)
- Fasnacht Soldier Mask (common)
- Fasnacht Owl Mask (common)
- Fasnacht Witch Mask (common)
- Fasnacht Tooth Man Mask (common)
- Fasnacht Sun Mask (uncommon)
- Fasnacht Winter Man Mask (rare)
- Fasnacht Beret (uncommon)
- Fasnacht Crazy Guy Mask (rare)
- Fasnacht Deathclaw Mask (rare)
- Fasnacht Father Winter helmet (rare)
- Fasnacht Raven Mask (rare)
- Fasnacht Blue Devil Mask (rare)
- Fasnacht Brahmin Mask (rare)
- Fasnacht Jester Masker (rare)
Tips for Getting Rare Fasnacht Day Masks and Rewards
- Blow up any vehicles along the parade route ahead of triggering the parade. The parade terminates before the church, so that’s where you want to stop blowing them up.
- When looking for the active bots, check the baker in the yellow house first, this one takes the longest to reach.
- Collect and save more intestines than you need. If the event is nuked, the small creatures may not spawn.
- Use the Friendly Fire perk with a shishkebab to heal robot NPCs during the fight.
- Keep an eye on the robots during the final phase. The wolves and bugs can still kill them during the final round.