As part of the ongoing media blitz for the game, CD PROJEKT RED has unveiled a bunch of new details about their latest game, Cyberpunk 2077.\ We already got to see the character backgrounds with the reveal of the Street Kid, Nomad, and Corpo, players will get to jump into various roles that help immerse the player. There will also be a bunch of alterations to gameplay depending on which role you picked. But for those of you wanting more action instead of story, there’s also some news about weapon types in Cyberpunk 2077.
So far, multiple weapon types have been revealed. Each weapon has a class that it belongs to, with a variety of explosive and destructive implements to have fun with. And by fun, we mean cause endless destruction in the nightmarish world of Night City.
- Cyberware: Transform your arm into a sword or turn your fingers into a whip. Your body is your weapon and your wrists have rockets in them. How else will you make a more personal statement?
- Melee weapons: Get in close and cut through your enemies, slicing and dicing them with finesse and accuracy. But it’s messy work. Prepare to send your clothes to the dry cleaner after you finish a job.
- Smart weapons: No need to worry about aiming. Point your weapon in any direction and the ammunition will find its way to your target, flying straight towards them, rattling them with bullets.
- Power weapons: This is the version of a weapon that you use when you want to annihilate everything in a general direction. These weapons are all about complete and total destruction.
- Tech weapons: The primary use for these weapons is to shoot through cover, as they can blast through anything. You’re going to want to use these weapons when you hit a real challenge. The Tech weapons will deal tons of damage and cause a lot of destruction. There’s no putting it any other way, use these when you want to utterly delete something standing in the way of your target.
Check out that new trailer down below.